Ordering Manx Store items from Canada

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
vincent9993

Ordering Manx Store items from Canada

Post by vincent9993 »

I need to order some items from the Manx Store. -Original Dash -Windshield frame with glass I live in Eastern Canada and was wondering if anyone had estimates as to shipping costs and duty to get these items over here? I believe my Dune to be a Real Manx but it has never been confirmed. How can I tell if the dash and windshield will fit? Are there detailed specs I can use? Thanks
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Call Manx Central and talk to them, they can answer all your questions (technical and shipping). (760) 749-6321
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

You might find it easier and cheaper to have your stuff shipped to the states near the border and pick it up yourself. I have my stuff shipped to Ogdensburg and I drive down from Ottawa to pick it up. I declare it at the border, pay tax and go home. It takes me two and a half hours in total but I save a ton on shipping and custom broker charges.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

For the windshield fitiment, measure across the top of the hood from outside corner to outside corner. Real Manx's & near clones are 42 1/2". Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

If wieght is an issue get a screen frame shipped from... Image bare with no glass and get the glass cut and fitted locally.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)