V6 Honda in a dual sport?

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
FirePit

Post by FirePit »

Has anyone seen a V6 Honda in a dual sport and did it fit without cutting the body? 

Thanks
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

I have not seen one yet.
With a Ecotec engine you do have to cut into the body, that is unless you offset rearward. This may be something you will have to do if you don't want to cut the body.
Engines I have seen are VW type I and IV. Subaru 4cylinders and 6 cylinders.
The boxer type engine I prefer as it gets the lower in the chassis.
It can all depend on your driving style.
Bruce designed the rear wing for a place to install a radiator. With a engine that sits taller than a Subaru you may be looking for a different place to mount a radiator.
Mounting a radiator on the back of the body would take away of the lines of the Manxter. IMHO it would look ugly.
Mounting it up front and hidden by bumper and skid plate would be one idea to be able to keep it from disturbing the lines of the buggy.
If you need a idea of what something like that looks, Bruce's yellow street Manxter is setup that way.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Zetec engine may be a better choice than an Ecotech IMHO...

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

220 pounds dry.....
Ed
Tom-Szwajkos

Re: V6 Honda in a dual sport?

Post by Tom-Szwajkos »

The Honda V6 is a beautiful engine when it is out in the open. I saw one in a Manx that was at Big Bear a couple of years ago. I believe it is a smaller profile than the Chevy 4 cylinder. I saw one mounted in a rail at the Sand Expo Swap meet and took pictures. If you go to the Manx club page on Facebook you will see them otherwise I can send to you. I have not been able post pictures on this screen!