Why wasn't your picture selected for the calendar?

Where did you get that part or get that work done? If you have a gadget or service to share, please do!
abgiles

Why wasn't your picture selected for the calendar?

Post by abgiles »

Folks, As usual, I have to say the main reason for not being selected was the image size/file size. The absolute minimum size I can use is 3Megabytes (3M, or 3MEG). Due to how large it has to get blown up, this is the minimum. Over half of the beautiful pictures I received were less than this, disqualifying quite a few of them.

I can't tell you how your phone sends them or shrinks them down, as I often have to ask for assistance or have a teenager help me. What happens normally is that the pictures are shrunken as they're texted, or emailed. Each phone has a different reason, but unless you're sending the original, it's usually only a few hundred kilobytes (about a tenth the size I need).

This by far is the main reason, but other reasons being the backgrounds, too many people in the shots, or something in general that distracts from the buggy itself.

This year, the only picture that had a number of people standing around was the vintage one in the last few months. It was so classic that I had to include it and the people didn't distract from the buggies.

I have also had a number of people ask why there are some repeat buggies in there, and so many near water. It's fairly simple. Those that submit quite a number of pictures, in the correct size have a better chance. Half of the pictures I received were sent in by 5 people that each sent quite a few of a number of buggies. And, as a lot of people love to take pictures near the ocean, rivers, lakes, etc., there are more quality photos to choose from.

I hope this answers your questions. Thanks to all that submitted pictures! I urge you all to keep sending them in! I would love to be getting them all year round!

Brian

(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;