TJ-Kustoms product showcase request

Where did you get that part or get that work done? If you have a gadget or service to share, please do!
vincent9993

TJ-Kustoms product showcase request

Post by vincent9993 »

Good day fellow Dune Buggy enthusiasts,

One of our long time supporter, TJ-Kustoms, now famous for his Diffuser, Sombrero top and one piece carpet kits, would like to get pictures of his products being used and feedback as to the performance of these products.

I thought I'd get the ball rolling:
Back in 2009 as we were preparing for our 1st cross continent crossing with our buggy, I called up Tom in panic to order one of his carpet kits. Within 1 week he had it delivered to Canada!

Here are a few pictures of the products we got from TJ-Kustoms:
Black carpet kit for Red Buggy

Sombrero top for Red Buggy

Difference on Red buggy

Red carpet for Kick-Out-S.S.

Heated seats
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=543349

On our way back from Carlisle in 2011 we stopped at his shop and he made us a Kustoms pouch to store our Sombrero top.

All of his products have held up through some real use. The red buggy has now over 85,000 miles and the carpet is still in great shape. The Kick-Out-S.S. has been driven through some wet weather and the carpet has also held up extremely well. I would not hesitate 1 sec to recommend TJ-Kustoms' products or services.

If you have pictures of any of the products from TJ-Kustoms, please share them on this thread and feel free to add your feedback as to the performance of the items over time.
Thanks everyone.
Last edited by vincent9993 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove sticky
rzeller

Re: TJ-Kustoms product showcase request

Post by rzeller »

I would like to say that Tom has been a major supporter of the Manx On The Banx (MOTB) event since the first year. Tom has help the Manx Club raise (literally) thousands of dollars with his product donations to our raffles and silent auctions. For that we are very grateful.

From a personal consumer's perspective I have two of Tom's products on our buggy right now. The first is The Difference which does work remarkably well in keeping the "blow back" from slamming into the back of your head. You can see in the picture below that we have a "special edition" version of The Difference.

The second product is something that I added during our recent buggy restoration. They are seat heaters. While I was skeptical whether Sue or I would like the heaters, I have to say I don't know how I've lived without them. While we live in the south and we can drive the buggy year round, the seat heaters provide that extra level of comfort when the temperature drops. Sue loves them!

I plan on adding a few more of Tom's products in the near future.
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

I'm at a loss for pictures right now, but will post some soon. My buggy is undergoing it's final phase of restoration. I have heard from NUMEROUS people about how wonderful his Sombrero Top, Difference, and carpet kits are. I've got a custom chassis, and although I won't be using a carpet kit, I will be ordering some custom carpet mats that he makes for those of us that have something that's not quite the same. I'll also be ordering a custom Difference (in red of course) for Loretta.

I'll also say that him donating the Sombrero was the reason I bought so many raffle tickets at Manx on the Banx (and it worked)! I ordered my Sombrero, and had it about a week later. Can't wait to get it installed and take Loretta on a cruise.
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

While I do not use any of Tom's products, I have never heard anything but "praise" for them!!! It is fantastic to have great folks like him making "useful" products for Meyers Manx buggies &/or any brand of f/g buggy!!! I personally would like to "THANK" TJ-KUSTOMS for their Manx Club sponsorship & for seeing a need & fulfilling it with quality products & outstanding service... you are the BEST!!! Hope to meet you someday & "thank you" in person!!!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22