Dusty Ol' OffRoader

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
dustymojave

Dusty Ol' OffRoader

Post by dustymojave »

As the new kid on this block, but an old one on many others.. I thought I should show my buggies and such on here:

1st is my Glitterbug Sportsman. I got it as payment for helping to build a California Clipper for someone else. I had a pan already which is cut to length and has 1" square tube reinforcement around the perimeter of the pan. It's a project which is currently on the back burner. Plan for it is to be on offroad buggy with a full cage from bumper to bumper. It will get a body lift for suspension travel clearance. Front suspension will be a Warrior-type +6 beam with stock trailing arms and beefed spindles. Rack & pinion steering. Rear is to get 3x3 IRS on torsion bars with shocks mounting to the cage. Type 3 engine for pickup bed clearance with dual carbs...maybe Kadrons. 002 trans should handle that job.
Here's the car as it sits now:

Next is my 58 Baja. It's been around me since the day it was bought new by a friend of my dad's for a pharmacy delivery. I remember him showing it to my family the day he bought it, even though I just turned 2 a couple of weeks before. Dad took care of it for him until dad bought it in 63. Then I got it for my 1st car to drive in 71. I converted it to a Baja starting in '75 for my dad to use, but we wound up sharing it until 1998 when dad could no longer drive and he signed it over to me. It now has over 800K miles, been a Baja since 375K.  It's often a daily driver, including almost 1/2 of this year. All fab and paint was by me.
As built in the 70s:

As rebuilt in 2008:

This is my Hi Jumper Ascot. Built in the 70s as a race car. It won a Championship in 1983 and almost repeated in 84. Image

I do not treat these as a commodity to make money off of. they are part of me. Once I own it, I don't sell it. So I still have all of 3 of these and some others too.