Buggy ID Help

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
Cowyf8

Buggy ID Help

Post by Cowyf8 »

Hi everyone, new to the forum, and I am looking for some help. I am posting on behalf of my father in law, who was gifted a buggy that the previous owner, who built the buggy, said is a 1967 Meyers Manx. I tried to help him get it authenticated but there were concerns that it is a copy. If anyone can help shed some light on this I would appreciate your help!

We know that it is basically all original with the fiberglass tub with stiffening tubes that go from front to rear (open at the rear end). It has the license plate support brackets, battery and spare tire sump, ABS plastic dash with steel supports, hood bump, molded lip at the pedal bulkhead, and to me matches the body lines of an authentic Manx. The donor was a 1963 VW bug. The things that I have noticed that seem to be different are some of the placement of the exterior lights, the addition of a rear view and side view mirror, the exhaust shape, engine skid bars, and a roll bar cover.

I would really like to figure out the ID of this buggy, so thank you for your help.
Last edited by Cowyf8 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cowyf8

Re: Buggy ID Help

Post by Cowyf8 »

Any thoughts?