My new/old Manx?

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
mr27t

My new/old Manx?

Post by mr27t »

I Bought a Manx style buggy a few months ago and something has been bothering me about it since the day I drove it home. For months I have been going over information and pictures online of Meyers Manx bodies and my little Manx buggy matches every one of the original Bruce Meyers Manx I except for the tag above the trans tunnel and the support structure tubes under the sides. The ABS dash, Steel support behind the dash, 2"x2.5" badge blister on the hood, Shower Curtain style frame around the windshield, tube supports near the rear license plate above the engine, Spare tire well on the left behind the drive seat, Battery box well behind the passenger seat. It's all there except a Meyers Manx tag above the trans tunnel and the structural support tubes under the sides. Additionally, I purchased this little buggy late last year from an elderly gentleman (80+ years young) who bought it new and was born in southern California and moved to Missouri in the mid '90s.
The old man I had purchased my little buggy from told me that he bought it new from a guy that told him he was building these dune buggies in his shop. The title the old man gave me with the buggy is a '97 Missouri title with a Vehicle Manufacture date of 1967. The Engine/chassis numbers are 1966 and the engine is a single port 1500cc with swing axle trans and link pin front end.

My question is: Did Bruce Myers create any of the Manx I bodies in those years without the Manx tag and no support tubes at the sides of the body?
calebmelvin

Re: My new/old Manx?

Post by calebmelvin »

mr27t wrote:I Bought a Manx style buggy a few months ago and something has been bothering me about it since the day I drove it home. For months I have been going over information and pictures online of Meyers Manx bodies and my little Manx buggy matches every one of the original Bruce Meyers Manx I except for the tag above the trans tunnel and the support structure tubes under the sides. The ABS dash, Steel support behind the dash, 2"x2.5" badge blister on the hood, Shower Curtain style frame around the windshield, tube supports near the rear license plate above the engine, Spare tire well on the left behind the drive seat, Battery box well behind the passenger seat. It's all there except a Meyers Manx tag above the trans tunnel and the structural support tubes under the sides. Additionally, I purchased this little buggy late last year from an elderly gentleman (80+ years young) who bought it new and was born in southern California and moved to Missouri in the mid '90s.
The old man I had purchased my little buggy from told me that he bought it new from a guy that told him he was building these dune buggies in his shop. The title the old man gave me with the buggy is a '97 Missouri title with a Vehicle Manufacture date of 1967. The Engine/chassis numbers are 1966 and the engine is a single port 1500cc with swing axle trans and link pin front end.

My question is: Did Bruce Myers create any of the Manx I bodies in those years without the Manx tag and no support tubes at the sides of the body?

Hi!

Photos would help immensely. Yes, there were Manx's sold without a tag (pre-tag). It might be worth it to have it authenticated.

https://meyersmanx.com/manx-registry/