September 11-13 2009 Lake Tahoe

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks Kevin! What great offers. Kathleen & I will have to flip a coin to see who goes in which car. Gadget or XS??? Kevin - we can also talk about the Mendeola S2 chassis for my Kick-Out SS. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Weather report for Lake Tahoe Beautiful days in the 70's with morning lows in the 30's. Brrrrrrrrr. bring your jackets and dress in layers Coolrides, I havent seen your registration in the mail yet. I know, I have till Monday. Bob
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

I have to send something in???? Did not know that, I never read the instructions or ask dirrections..... I'm a man....... Comon where is the VIP treatment????
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I still need your registration so I have an idea of whos going to be there.
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

[QUOTE="Buggybob;14529"]I still need your registration so I have an idea of whos going to be there.[/QUOTE] Comon, VIP's never halve to RSVP... Just have my normal green room with my gift basket waiting, and don't forget the red carpet.... One last thing I think I'll be tence from the drive so it would be realy nice if you have somethere to give me a massage before the show...... ;)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Gotcha covered. See you in Tahoe. By the way, how many are in your party so we can hve the Saturday night dinner table set correctly:)
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

Ok, I'll be there with one other adult..... I got a room in town... And I'll be bringing three cars: Dian W's Manxter Maurice L's Xs Dual sport And Our shop Xs See you guys there I can't wait.... Well maybe I can wait for the drive....lol
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

Are we there yet????? Darn this is going to be a long drive for me...... :( But I look forward to the club run..... It's only 11 hours of my life one way!!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Coolrydes;14692"]Are we there yet????? Darn this is going to be a long drive for me...... :( But I look forward to the club run..... It's only 11 hours of my life one way!![/QUOTE] If you are really a buggy guy, you can handle it! No run is too far, when the stars are aligned.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

11 hours is nothing! It took us 4 1/2 days to drive to Big Bear 2 years ago. Add the pouring rain and almost 120 degree temps along the way with no side windows, and you have the makings of a fun trip. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

Dang!!!!! Tom After hearing that I realy feel like a whimp for crying about 11 hours in sunshine and A/C towing a tripple trailer...... I stand corrected you guys are tough....
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Well everyone have fun and be safe! This is one trip I really wish we could make. Once again, due to unforseen issues, we are not able to make it. Don't forget that those of us stuck at home live vicariously through your pictures, so take lots of them for us!
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

I'm here in my room thinking about todays events here in Lake Tahoe. What a beautiful place. I went on the red run with Tom (the other half of Kathleen) and I must say what a fun day. Tom was a great co-pilot and I think I speek for both of us when I say we won't forget this day for a long time, from the sights we saw to the people we were with, it was truely incredible.... My first "run" with the Manx club was 2009's Calico run. I then went on the red run which was one heck of a thrilling ride, but the one thing I noticed right from the beganing dealing with Bob the people are something else! I've been in the car seen for a long time, even before I started building Manxters for Mendeola customers and I've Never seen better paople anywhere or anytime.... Yes I work for a shop that build these for people, and sometimes that comes between people, however you guys have always been better then that and I want to say Thank you.... I would also like to say thank you for excepting Ron Landaker, Todd Weber, Steve & Dian Wright into this great hobbie you guys have with in the Manx community.
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

Also on behalf of Mendeola and my self I'd like to say thank you to some of the coolest guys and gals on this thing we call earth for excepting me and the company into your circle..... Sincerely, Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar Mendeola Signature Motors PS: I thought I have the great job in the world, since I got to build cars for a living Then I got the chance to meet you guys, and thats even better yet... I'm fallling asleep talk you guys soonnn Thanks again
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

What No Pix's,,Sounds like a great time,,Thanks for the report,,,