September 11-13 2009 Lake Tahoe

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Thanks for all those kind words Kevin. We all had a great time up in Tahoe. I counted a total of 68 buggies at this event. We had members come from Conneticut, New York, Chicago, Arizona, California, Nevada and the award went to Steve G. who drove his buggy from Alberta, Canada. Crazy Canadians! I thinks we had 7 new memebers join so Joe S. was kept busy. We had three different runs on Saturday. The red group led by Kiami Coonrad took theie buggies onto the Ribicon. The Blue group led by me took 30 buggies up to Genoa peak and then over to the Donnor Train Tunnels. 120 miles and 7 1/2 hrs later we made it back. The yellow group led by Paul McCain went to the train tunnels and looped around the lake. After all buggies got back to camp, we had a great dinner served up by Fig Tree Catering. I think we served over 100 people for dinner cause they ran out of food with in 1 hr. All got fed except the Jensens which I refunded their meal. We also had a desert contest with lots of goodies Sunday morning I led a group of 20 buggies up to Angora Lookout and then returned back for the awards and raffle. I presented an award to Bruce and Winnie from the club for all their years of hard work in founding the club and promised to keep it going. Thats a short recap of the weekend. Again, Thanks to all for making it a great success!
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

Sorry for all the goofs in my prior post.... I was falling asleep and having a "Jerry Miguire" moment.... Here are a few pictures I have to share.... Image Image Image Image
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

more pictures: Image Image Image Image
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

a few more: posting only 4 at a time bites! Image Image Image Image
dennis-and-cathy

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

Thanks to all involved in another wonderful Tahoe run... we weren't sure if we were going to make this one, but we took two buggies and had a blast! From going thru the tunnels (really cool) to winding around Lake Tahoe (and getting lots of looks from the tourists at our buggies) - it was just beautiful. Image Image Image Image More pixs in the gallery... Thanks again - can't wait for the next run...!!
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

It looks like you guys and girls had a great time,,Thanks for the Pixs,,
ralphdjeeper

Tahoe Run

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Hi all,look's like you all had a great time,sorry i missed out,thank's for posting all the great pictures for the rest of us to see.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Another great buggy event by Bob Hunter!! Thanks again for the ride Kevin. That XS car is a Cadillac compaired to the old style buggies I have been in off road. But I thought that was part of the fun to be bouncing and shaken around. I was too refreshed. Just work on the getting dirty part. Kathleen had fun in Gadget, not only for the ride, but looking at all the features. She now knows how it got it's name. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I had a great time Towing the Teardrop was quite challenging and fun but after meeting everyone from so many places coming to a Manx event from so far, a six hundred mile trip was nothing I always enjoy the repairs made at camp and this trip was no exception Mike changing his tubes and then lets no forget Pedro coming to camp with his buggy smoking cigars from his rear wheel But Like always they are fixed and road ready for the morning run What an amazing group!!! Kathleen, I really enjoyed having you ride in Gadget. And yes I will add another part " a Grab bar". I had a really really good time. Thank you for riding with me Pictures to follow Gene C #729
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Gene, Thanks so much for the ride in Gadget! It is one I'll remember for a long time.... great ride, great views and great company. Tom is right, I really did get to see how your buggy acquired its moniquer. How fun! You must have taken Boy Scouting to heart. That "Be Prepared" motto is visible in all the items attached to Gadget! BTW, I'll wash your buggy anytime for a ride. I think Jimbo was jealous. LOL Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

We had an amazing time! Well worth the drive. Thanks to everyone for a great time and especially to Bob Hunter for taking care of all the details that go with putting on large event! Connie & Lynn Breedlove 1634
Dan B.

Post by Dan B. »

We drove up from the Sac area for the show-n-shine in my every day wheels. Didn't bring my buggy as its still being overhauled. It was great to visit with a lot of you and see the different setups you guys & gals are using on your buggies. As i'm kind of new to the buggy world, the trip up the hill was well worth it. If there is a 2010 Tahoe event count us in! It was great meeting such a great group of guys & gals. Thank you for the great welcome you gave us. Dan & Cindy
Scooby

Big Applause Bob

Post by Scooby »

As a new member, i would like to say Well done Bob and all that supported the gathering in Camp Richardson......What a great weekend, Super job on planning and coordinating all that went on......What a Thrill it was to meet the guy that got this all going, Winnie and Bruce, was a pleasure meeting you two..... And a thank you to Dick and windy, Art and Della and Bill for making a Newbie feel welcomed, and all those i met i am sure will see ya'all in Big Bear..... Again thanks alot folks.....what a great group Jim ) scooby..
towd-dude

Coolrydes Pictures for the Manx Mania

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Coolrydes,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]You have posted some landscape pictures of the Tahoe Run. We would like your permission to include them in the Winter Issue of the Manx Mania. Also if you give permission who can we credit for taking the pictures.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Manx Mania,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob and Anita[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]PS. Send response to eskiemanx@charter.net [/FONT]
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

[QUOTE="Towd Dude;15149"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Coolrydes,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]You have posted some landscape pictures of the Tahoe Run. We would like your permission to include them in the Winter Issue of the Manx Mania. Also if you give permission who can we credit for taking the pictures.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Manx Mania,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob and Anita[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]PS. Send response to eskiemanx@charter.net [/FONT][/QUOTE] Anytime I post pictures up here you guys are more then welcome to use them. Thats why I wanted the membership so I could share and help out.... See you guys around I got cars to build....