Manx Club presents "Cool Country Nights" Sept 14-1

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Bring your buggies and cowboy hats for a fun filled weekend of off road driving, scenic highway cruising and a bbq with a barn dance!

Fun will start Friday Sept 14 and go until Sunday 16 Sept.

You have to decide if you want to stay in a motel room, RV space with hookups or drycamp under the stars in a pasture.

Friday will be check in and explore Genoa and surrounding area on your own. You might even want to drive up to Lake Tahoe for dinner. Its right up the hill from where you will be staying.

Saturday morning will start off with some coffee and donuts with a drivers meeting at 8am. Be ready to head out for the day by 9am. What, no show and shine!!!!!????

No worries, Show and shine will be Sunday morning with a new twist. Don’t clean that buggy, you might win an award for that.

We will be having a BBQ at the Kornoff Ranch with a barndance. Don’t forget your cowboy hat because we will be dancing the night away.

To reserve your room or RV space at the Carson Valley Inn, call 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983 ext 1 and mention our group number 503172

To reserve a spot in the field or if you have any questions, please call me (Bob Hunter) at 775-771-6428 or email me at rhunter8037@sbcglobal.net
tahoenian

Post by tahoenian »

Hi Bob,

Never been on a buggy outting with the group.  How long are the group drives normally?  How much extra gas do people usually bring along?
Tahoenian

1965 Manx SquareTail (it may be '66...)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Well hello Tahonian,

Welcome to the club. You will be recieving a registration form and informational flyer in the mail if your Manx Club membership is current. There will be all the info you will need in that flyer. I will let you know that we plan on having 3 to 4 groups of buggies going out Saturday morning and going in different directions. If your buggy is made for dirt, you will be going either in the Pinenut Mts or arounf Tahoe via Genoa trail. If you are a street buggy, you might be going to Virginia City or around Tahoe. Plan on all day in your buggy. We do stop for gas but we ask you to make sure your tank is full before we leave camp.
tahoenian

Post by tahoenian »

Thanks!

I just renewed my club membership, so I will look for the mailer!
Tahoenian

1965 Manx SquareTail (it may be '66...)
principiab

Post by principiab »

Most of the information is available in the flyer here on the Manx Club
site - click the last link - something like "get the details".  You can
download the registration flyer, too.

BTW Bob - I was only able to reply into the forum in FIREFOX - still cannot through EXPLORER. 
Connie Breedlove
Manx Club Secretary
Member #1634
Glitterbug - BUZBEE (His)
Old Clone - BEEZER (Hers)
Meyers Manx Custom - AZTEC FIRE (Ours)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

if anybody did not get a flyer and registration in the mail but would like to attend, email me at rhunter8037@sbcglobal.net and I will be more than happy to send you one.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

So where are all the pictures ? Us poor buggyless dudes need a fix :)
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I finally got home from this event (and other stuff) so here are some of our pictures.  Tom

Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)