Manx Club Australia - Fraser Island Trip 18 - 23 Oct 2011

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Fraser Island 2011 was planned a long time ago, Ben and I often joked that it would be an easy build to get an Iguana and Manxter onto the Island, boy where we wrong.
As time grew close and plans changed our investment in Meyers Manx Australia saw the Iguana pushed back to next year to concentrate  on the Manxter.

For the weeks leading up it was all hands on spanners and I had mates from all over working up a storm in my shed at all hours of the day and night, from memory I didn't see much sleep or family for the weeks prior. It was amazing to see the mateship pull tight and many of the boys give up a great deal of free time to do our best to get Australia's 1st Manxter on the road. Even though we didn't make it to the start of the event I did manage to get there a few days in with my wife and kid in tow.

From the time I arrived on the Tuesday night I was glad we had made the effort, the club was an eclectic collection of guys and gals but we always seem to have a great time and this trip was no exception.
The weather may not have been perfect but true to Manx Club form fun was had by everyone and I am sure the wheels are already in motion for next trip. The Manxter 2+2 performed very well and it really was awesome to be able to take my wife and son on a Manxclub trip in our very own 4 seater buggy, sure I have a list of future mods and enhancements, but heck it wouldn't be a buggy trip without that.
A big thumbs up to the Manx Club and Ben in particular for making it all possible.

Pictures are worth a  1000 words so here is some pictures from various sources to help tell the story. I have also uploaded all the pictures I got of other people to - http://meyersmanx.info/ManxInfoGallery/index.php/VW-Events/Manx-Club-Fraser-Island-2011
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Great pictures, I really like the Blue on the Manxster, very nice looking ride.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

You guys have too much fun down under.
Ed