BTTM Buggy's To The Middle cruise to MITM event

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
joescoolcustoms

BTTM Buggy's To The Middle cruise to MITM event

Post by joescoolcustoms »

This is a separate event that will include driving to and from the MITM, (Manx In The Middle) event.

It will start September 8, 2016 for the trip heading West, and return East on September 11, 2016.

Only two qualifications to join in. Be a current Active Manx Club member. Have proper License and Insurance on your buggy as required by the State you live in.

I will set up a host Hotel In Teays Valley WV and post up the info in about the end of March. There are several great places to eat at Teays Valley. About a week out, with a head count, I will get reservations at a nice place for us to have dinner on Wednesday Evening, 7 PM-ish.

I plan on leaving that Host Hotel in Teays Valley WV around 7 AM and head North/West on US Route 35 to Dayton OH. At that point we will take I-75 North about 10 miles to I-70 West. We will follow I-70 to the I-465 loop around the Southern portion of Indy to avoid the city traffic and then pick I-70 West back up all the way to Collinsville IL to the host hotel.

Mapquest shows this route to be 526 miles.

If you are around 500 miles from Teays Valley WV, make a 2 day trip and combine the milage to get the Long Haul League Award. (LHL is riding and or driving 1000 miles to a Manx Club Sponsored Event in a buggy). If you have questions about this and what to do, Message me and I will help you out.

For a return trip, I will follow I-64 East all the way out of Saint Louis. This route is 484 miles so we can get home a little quicker on a Sunday.

My direct email is joescoolcustoms@suddenlink.net feel free to email me.

Like the ECVW trips, Shuffle To Buffalo, BTTB and C2C cruises, this one will also promise to be a good time with old friends, new friends and in general, just good fun.

Here are a couple pictures of the BTTB, (Buggy's To The Banx) Cruise last October. 14 buggy's total. Photo's by Barb Byrnes.

Last edited by vincent9993 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
RedBaronofRedBud

Re: BTTM Buggy's To The Middle cruise to MITM event

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

Joe, thank you for putting this together! Should your dinner occur on Wednesday night instead of Thursday? I believe you'll be coming on Thursday am and leaving Sunday, correct?
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Join us in St Louis for Manx in the Middle 2017!!!

Im not a complete idiot...there are pieces missing.
joescoolcustoms

RedBaronofRedBud wrote:Joe, thank you for putting this together! Should your dinner occur on Wednesday night instead of Thursday? I believe you'll be coming on Thursday am and leaving Sunday, correct?
Ahhhh! You are correct Tim. It is edited.

Thanks!
PowersBuggies

Post by PowersBuggies »

Phew! Now I can look in to how I can meet up with you guys... looking at the route you are taking we should be able to arrange to possbily join up with you guys in Ohio as you come through!
Craig and Rebecca
Manx Club #3634
66 Manx/68 Towd - His
67 Tow'd/67 Manx - Hers
67 Dune Buggy - Our Build
69 Empi Imp - Korinne

2016 Goals: Rebecca - Joining the ranks of the Iron Buggy and Long Haul League

***ACCOMPLISHED!***
2015 GOAL: MOTB 2015 HERE WE COME! - With the Tow'd and the Manx!
joescoolcustoms

Rebecca, I-70 just North of Dayton Ohio will most likely be a fuel stop for us and will make a good place on the general direction you will be traveling in.

Initial guess is between 10:30 and 11:00 AM on Thursday.

Will be fun to have you along!
PowersBuggies

Post by PowersBuggies »

Well, given my recent experience of driving like a mad woman this past weekend to, from and all throughout West Virginia.... 1300+ miles later in a 4 day time span... I am thinking trying to coordinate the Iron Buggy and Long Haul to make this trip. We shall see if I can make it all work out, but figuring on meeting up with your group right in WV then to make sure I get the miles etc.
Craig and Rebecca
Manx Club #3634
66 Manx/68 Towd - His
67 Tow'd/67 Manx - Hers
67 Dune Buggy - Our Build
69 Empi Imp - Korinne

2016 Goals: Rebecca - Joining the ranks of the Iron Buggy and Long Haul League

***ACCOMPLISHED!***
2015 GOAL: MOTB 2015 HERE WE COME! - With the Tow'd and the Manx!
Figgers

Post by Figgers »

Great pics Joe, now I can't wait to get my Manx back again.