Manx In The Middle-Official Thread

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
RedBaronofRedBud

Re: Manx In The Middle-Official Thread

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

If you have pictures of MITM you would like to add, LMK! We have a gallery on photo bucket too under Manxinthemiddle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Join us in St Louis for Manx in the Middle 2017!!!

Im not a complete idiot...there are pieces missing.
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

I can't add to the pictures but I CAN vouch that a good time was had by all at MITM.....well maybe all except Mike Dario :shh:
It's a good thing he can take as well as he gives, he really took a beating over the weekend for his buggy breaking down almost within sight of their home shortly after they left. He's a good sport, should have received the hard luck award!

Tim...you have our vote of appreciation for a job well done. We're looking forward to next year's event, and yes Mike...hopefully with our Tow'd present!
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
RedBaronofRedBud

First off, I want to thank everyone that attended the inaugural Manx in the Middle event for the Manx Club. Barb and I hope everyone had a great time and will come again next year, if we are approved by the BOD, but more on that later.

We had many people come to the St Louis area for the first Midwest Manx Club event. The most surprising aspect was that there were many that have been long time members, but have never attended a Manx Club event!! It was great to meet so many from all over the country and show them how the Manx Club does an event.

We had a group come from California and they arrived on Wednesday. Marty and Tony met them and rode with them all to way into our place, where we had BBQ and chatted for hours. Mr Charles and Ron came by and said hello too! Later, we went to DQ and invaded. A few of our friends in town brought out their dubs and we had a strong showing in a short time!

Thursday am, we went for a small cruise of southern Illinois and went to Ft Kaskaskia, the Popeye statue in Chester and then to the Covered Bridge. It was perfect weather that morning, but that was about to change.

Later on Thursday, we went up to Collinsville for our meet and greet. Bruce and Winnie arrived and the Texas group and East Coast group arrived too! After we had Gus' pretzels, Ted Drewes Frozen Custard and Donnas awesome cookies and we played some License Plate bingo. Lots of visiting and meeting new friends...even with the rain.

Friday, we awoke to torrential downpours. I was afraid that we would be rained out and considered moving things around, but Barb talked me out of it. We decided to go ahead anyway. So, the Sound off was a bit moist, but by the time we headed down to the riverfront, we had decent dry weather!

We proceeded down to Malcolm Martin Memorial Park and had a great photo shoot with the buggies, the arch and Bruce and Winnie. The Gateway Geyser was down, so we didnt get to see it go off at noon. Maybe next time. Mike Buehlhorn, Executive Director of the Metro East Park and Recreation District, was gracious and handed out commemorative coins of the Gateway Geyser. Very nice, indeed.

After the pictures, everyone had the afternoon to themselves. During this time, Bruce and Winnie were able to visit the Arch and ride to the top...something Bruce has always wanted to do. Others visited the Budweiser brewery and took the free tour while others visited our local dub guy, Jim, at Archway.

Friday evening, we had Hot Wheels racing...stock and modified. We had a number of great entries and everyone had a great time. Many had never heard of competitive diecast racing, so this was something new. We are glad to bring something new to the Manx Club!

After the Hot Wheels racing, we were scheduled to go to Bobbys for frozen custard and our Light Up the Night contest. However, storms were brewing, so we decided to have the contest at the hotel and try and do the ride another time. Many buggies were lit to the nines and it was great! I cant wait to see what people come up with next year!

Saturday morning, we had our Show and Shine. We were rewarded with clearing weather and great temps! The Manx Club had over 35 buggies in attendance for judging! About halfway through the Show n Shine, we had our friends from the Buggymeisters and the Great River Road Dune Buggy Club arrive with their beautiful buggies! With the addition of these buggies, we had over 50+ buggies on the parking lot!! What a great showing!

Around noon, it was time for the River Road Cruise. Without a doubt, the stretch of road between Alton and Grafton is some of the most beautiful scenery on the Mississippi River. Barb and I never tire of riding it! We also rode through picturesque Pere Marquette State Park, just north of Grafton, and circled back for our stop at the Loading Dock. We parked our buggies on the river for some great pictures and had a tent set up just for our group. Great times, great food, great buggies...

Saturday evening, we had our awards, silent auctions and Chinese auctions. We also had a couple of cakes and many cupcakes that many enjoyed along with some Ted Drewes frozen custard! There were some great presentations along with a treat when Bruce said a few words and shared some thoughts. Always moving. We presented him with a few gifts and he was truly touched. He is always so gracious; a true joy to be around.

Sunday morning, and everyone was headed back home. There were a few that left early, but a few were still around when we loaded up the truck for home. We said our goodbyes and so longs for now to Bruce and Winnie. We look forward to seeing them very soon.

All in all, the event seemed to be well received. Of course, I cant comment too much...I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off! I did give away a special award called Monkey in the Middle to those that helped out with making this event a success. There is an old Polish proverb that goes, "Not my circus, not my monkeys", but this was my circus, and they were our monkeys! Marty and Dawn, Rebecca, Tony, Ron and Sue, Mike and Karen, Tiff and Bill, Joe, Bill, John, Scott, John and Cathy, Mike and Lori Ann and Mark and Donna...and so many others. Thank you all for your support and assistance. We couldnt have done it without all of you and so many more!

We have submitted paperwork for the event for next year, and we will be moving the dates to June 22-25, 2017. The event is pending BOD approval, but we feel its gonna happen. We will have more details in the coming months.

Thanks again to all that came. It doesnt happen without you! For those that missed it, mark your calendar, update your Manx Club membership and dont miss MITM next year!
Last edited by RedBaronofRedBud on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

RedBaronofRedBud

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/manxi ... slideshow/

Scroll through some pics from the event here. Enjoy!
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

RedBaronofRedBud

As many of you know already, Manx in the Middle 2017 has been approved by the BOD!! We have moved the date from early September to June 22-25th, 2017! This will hopefully make it possible for more people to enjoy the events on the West Coast as well as the East Coast! Also, we hope to see more families as this will be during Summer break (at least for some).

We will have a few changes, but nothing dramatic...just stuff to spice things up. We will be returning to the Double Tree in Collinsville for our base of operations, as we were very happy with their location and service! We look to keep the Hot Wheels racing and the Light Up The Night contests as well as photos with the Arch and our cruises. In fact, we are considering an "Early Bird" cruise on June 21st. We are considering going south instead of north like we did this year for the Early Bird and make it an all day event...at least 150 miles.

So, if you want a great early summer getaway, come see us in St Louis!

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

hillmotorsports

Step 1 completed....hotel room booked.
Step 2...finishing he Tow'd....will require a "bit" more effort!

But one way oround another we'll be there!
When are you opening registration Tim??? :lol:
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
RedBaronofRedBud

We won't open registration till next year. Y'all will be the first to know.

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

BRamsey55

Manx In The Middle-Official Thread

Post by BRamsey55 »

Will make reservations this weekend going to take a little more time off as to be there early the 22nd and will have many more miles put on the buggy by then lol looking forward to MITM 2017 !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hillmotorsports

Just over 4 months to go..... hard to believe when we look at all the white stuff in the forecast!

Any more event details to share Tim???
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
RedBaronofRedBud

Oh yes....we have stuff to report. We have acquired a permit to cross the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge on Old Route 66! This is a very special event as we will be crossing in our buggies!

We have a page on Facebook called "Manx in the Middle" with some info and our Web host will be updating our Web presence (once I get him more info).

We are at the same hotel this year (Doubletree by Hilton in Collinsville) and the Manx club rate is 99 a night.

More to come...make plans now to attend! June 22-25, 2017!!

See you in St Louis!

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

RedBaronofRedBud

Today is a historic day for not only MITM, but for the Manx Club! We are very happy to announce that there is an ONLINE option for registration for MITM!!! At the registration site, you can also purchase shirts, hoodies, or zipper hoodies and also preorder for the delicious dinner that we will be having at the Show N Shine at Pere Marquette Lodge!

Follow the link below and get your registration and orders in today! Its easy to use and uses the secure paypal account for the manx club. If you dont have a paypal account and would like to mail it instead, that is fine!

This new online option will streamline not only MITM registration, but hopefully all future Manx Club Events! We hope everyone who will be coming to MITM will try this option as it is very easy!

A BIG thanks to Tim Hillier and Lori Ann Dario for making this happen! Its the hard work of people like you both that makes this a great club!!
See you in St Louis!

http://manxclub.mystagingwebsite.com/shop/
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

It looks like we are really going to make it this year! It was difficult to get the plans together with family health problems and our 2 year old grandaughter living with us, but with some help it is working. Kathleen will have to fly out and back, and I will be driving the "whale" with the Manxter inside, and "Sweetheart" will be in tow, leaving CT early on Wednesday morning. See you all soon. Tom & Kathleen
RedBaronofRedBud

Thats great news, Tom! Looks like we are having an ECVW 14 reunion!!!
hillmotorsports

Happy and safe travels to all heading to MITM! :clap:
We'll be thinking of you all as we head the opposite direction... :cry:
Looking forward to seeing event pictures.
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Great event Tim & Barb! Glad we went! Tom & Kathleen