Buggy's To The Banx, October 11, 2015

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
joescoolcustoms

Re: Buggy's To The Banx, October 11, 2015

Post by joescoolcustoms »

I made two edits on the trip stops.

Paul Mabin made a Pre-Run a couple weeks ago and stopped at each stop checking them out. The second stop was hard to get into/out of and had small Restrooms. It is changed to a couple exits later to a much larger Sheetz station that can accommodate our growing group.

The third stop is also changed. Same exit, but changed to the South Side of the Interstate, for the same reasons. It will now be a combined Exxon and McDonalds. So the restrooms will be bigger and more open area at the pumps.

If you have programmed into your Garmin.GPS, make note of the changes.

Almost down to 30 days!
joescoolcustoms

For those who may want to come into Charleston one day early, and go on e the run through the West Virginia Mountains with the local VW club, Wagenfolks, here is a little preview.

On this past Monday, Labour Day, Darlene and I did a pre-run of the route. Left in the early morning cool air and headed East of US Route 60 up through Kanawha Falls and past the wide part of the Kanawha River at Glenn Ferris.

Then on East on Rt. 60 going up and over Gauley Mountain. About 12 miles of up and down curvy, check your tail lights bends and beautiful vistas and over looks.

And into Hawk's Nest State Park. Wow! What a great over look into the New River Gorge National Park. If you have a fear of Heights, you may want to stay with the buggy's at this stop.

We then followed Rt. 60 into Anstead and took a side trip down into the canyon along a creek beside late 1800's mine portals to the old town of Hawk's Nest right on the New River. Nice dirt road trip, but it does get the buggy dusty. If you are slammed, this small trip is not for you. A lowered buggy can make it by picking the path.

We then turned off the main path of US Route 60 and ran the back canyon roads over to Fayetteville WV and went under the New River Gorge Bridge and across the river at Fayette Station. The New River Gorge Bridge is the second highest single arch bridge in the world. Then back up the other side and back onto the single lane canyon rim roads. Ran around to the little town of Nuttalburg where we dropped into the canyon again on a combination gravel/paved road, (steep parts are paved) down to the river and to the former Nuttal Mine Coal Tipple that the National Park Service has preserved. Beautiful driving beside Keeny's Creek getting there.

Back up the canyon to US Route 60 again and east to State Route 41 and onto Babcock State Park and the beautiful mid 1800's Grist Mill. Fantastic pictures in the fall.

That is the basic trip and who attends will elect is we want to run down the side roads into the canyon areas. Darlene and I went further east, (not on the planned Saturday October 10th trip) to see some additional areas and back home. The basic trip was about 140 miles total. Several great places to eat in Fayetteville WV. Numerous spots for group and individual pictures.

Hope you are getting excited!
RedBaronofRedBud

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

Youre killin me, Smalls!!!

Wont make that beautiful cruise...gotta support the daughter. She has a performance on Friday and she is saying this may be her last. Not sure what that meant if its just at Lindenwood of if she is done with acting and is focusing on her archaeology. She did change her work and learn from working in the prop shop to the science lab where the clean and catalog dig finds. Wow...that ECVW trip certainly changed her. She even wants to go to graduate school for this!

So, we will be there on Saturday night for the ride out Sunday to the Banks.

Enjoy the beautiful ride and take plenty of pics!
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Join us in St Louis for Manx in the Middle 2017!!!

Im not a complete idiot...there are pieces missing.
joescoolcustoms

We are less than three weeks away from the start of MOTB. In order to make sure everyone is taken care of, please respond here or by PM to let me know you have accommodations for Saturday evening if you need them. I might still be able to get more rooms at the discount rate.

And weather permitting, if you are coming in early to make the WV Mountain run on Saturday so we can confirm eating plans for lunch that day.

Thanks and see you soon!
joescoolcustoms

I just had the Host Hotel add two more rooms to the list to give a total of 7.

Shaping up to be a pretty large Cruise!
joescoolcustoms

As of about 45 minutes ago, the weather forecast through next Friday, 10-9-15 looks good here in Charleston WV. Rain tonight and Saturday. Then dry through Friday. No further out than that.
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Joe,

It looks like Jayne & I will be joining your group in Charleston, WV.

The Spittlers
joescoolcustoms

DIESELDOOG wrote:Joe,

It looks like Jayne & I will be joining your group in Charleston, WV.

The Spittlers
So Cool! Will be nice to have you and Jayne with us!

Coming in Saturday? Did you make reservations? If not, ask for the reduced rate of $ 102.00.