2015 - ECVW 2015 - It's on!

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
vincent9993

Re: 2015 - ECVW 2015 - It's on!

Post by vincent9993 »

Today we left Moab with regrets…it is really one of our favorite State and I will be back for sure. It was nice but a little bit chilly. At the first stop to put gas, we decided to put our jackets. At the second stop (for lunch and to put gas), we removed our jackets because the sun was really hot. We were now in Colorado. To avoid driving too much on the highway, we modified our route to pass through the mountains…it was a really good choice. The rain came to sprinkle us a little bit…at least it was not all the afternoon. On the road we saw prairie dogs, birds, cows that were directly on the road, a deer, a rabbit, horses, so as you can read, it was an animal day for sure. We arrived at Cheyenne around 7:00pm. We went to Olive Garden for dinner (I really like that restaurant) and after that, Vincent did an oil change. Tomorrow we will finish our day by visiting the Mount Rushmore.

Visited States: Utah, Colorado and Wyoming
Consumed Beer: Peroni
Avg Temp: 77F / 25C
Distance 485 miles / 781KM

Tomorrow it is the 18th anniversary of our niece Augustine. You could be proud of you, you really are a nice person who deserves to be known. Vincent and I are happy to have you as a niece and we wish that you will have an excellent birthday.
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Uh oh.....did Vincent fall off a nose at Mount Rushmore?
Lost their camera?
Drown in his beer?
Miss your daily report and pictures...some of us live vicariously through reports of your adventures,
are suffering from withdrawls!
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Maybe they're having so much FUN FUN FUN... they forgot to post any photos or a recap of the day's adventures!!! LOL
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

We're still going but there's just not enough time in a day to get it all done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

I went for a ride today, and look what I found wandering about in Northern Illinois.

They should be home late Sunday afternoon, or early evening.
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

In this epic journey, we run until we drop. There is more fun to be had than there is hours in the day.

Dont worry, there are thousands of pictures taken, and many will be posted in the days to come once the trip ends.

David and Shannon, Darlene and my journey will end tomorrow, (Sunday) in the afternoon. All of us have to go back to work on Monday and David and I will be working 12 to 14 hour days across the state from Home. But, I will get to drive my buggy to work Monday! We are estimating our final tally to be right at 7200 miles total.

Later next week I too will post up some pictures I have taken along the way.

As Todd told Bruce at Big Bear, it is about the people. The buggy's are fun too.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Sorry for the missing last recaps. The last nights of our trip were short….we could say really short but the days were so beautiful. We arrived around 6:15pm at Omaha in Nebraska. Johanna, Stephanie’s sister, and her boyfriend were there to welcome us. They were really generous. Johanna brought us to the Nebraska Crossing Outlets and we parked the dune buggies under the sign. Within 15 seconds, two security guards arrived. Johanna get out of the dune and advised them that it was okay and asked them to watch the dune buggys when we were doing our shopping. After that, we returned to the hotel and had dinner with Johanna, Emily (her daughter) and the boyfriend of Emilly.
The following day, we went where the American Pickers tv show is filmed in LeClair in Iowa. After lunch, we said goodbye to Shannon, David, Darlene and Joe. The only consolation, is that we will see them (probably Shannon as well) at MOTB in October. The Boston-Mabin and us arrived late at Kalamazoo but we need to admit that we were lucky because we were driving behind storms…we got wet, but nothing compare if we were ahead.

On Sunday, the Boston-Mabin and us decided to go directly to our respective houses. We said goodbye to the Boston-Mabin after breakfast. We will see them at MOTB otherwise they will come to the cottage that we are renting during the Holidays in December.

It was a wonderful trip, we were blessed by people, sceneries, weather, so by everything.

Total distance: 7944 miles / 12 785km
Avg Speed: 54 mph / 87km per hour
Max Speed: 83 mph / 134 km per hour (do not forget that the speed limit in few states is 80 mph)
Visited States: 22
Visited Provinces: 2
Number of beers: No ideal….I lost the count.

Next year we are planning to do two trips, the first in Alaska the last two weeks of June (I need to wait for the schedule of the ferry to go to Juneau) for a total of approx. 18 days and the second in August for a small trip to Key West for 10 days (first week of August). We should provide more details in November.

Thanks for having followed and read us, sorry for the missing recap every night…do not forget that it was our vacation and we were supposed to relax a little bit.

Thanks to all the ECVW2015 participants, we got great time with you and can’t wait to see you again.

This morning, when I was back to the office, 1489 emails were waiting for me…hours of pleasure.

Finally, thanks to Vincent for his patience and that being my driver for the entire wonderful trip.

Vincent et/and France
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

vincent9993 wrote:the second in August for a small trip to Key West for 10 days (first week of August). We should provide more details in November.
Count us in for the trip to the Keys. I've been formulating a plan to do the East Coast version of Manx' to Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in the Keys). That was "Plan A" for earning the LHL honors. Let's talk 8)
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Welcome home!
In case you don't know, a lot of people get very envious when reading of your travels,.especially with all the details
of the wonderful side trips, and photos of the fabulous scenery. They REALLY miss their morning read when you
skip a night or 2.
Not sure how we will entertain ourselves now that you're home and won't be posting quite as regularly!
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Day 14 Pictures

vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »