2015 - ECVW 2015 - It's on!

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
manxvair

Re: ECVW 2015 - It's on!

Post by manxvair »

Paul that Tow'd ran fine at MOTB didn't it, (oh yeah the light switch) It got me around.
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Darlene got her vacation request approved today! So, once we find a place for the dog, (not with us), we are on board. No trailer or support, just blind faith.

Also, looking at the map, two states will be left out that either ECVW '14 and ECW '15 will not touch on. Wyoming and Iowa.
I have looked at a alternate route between Fort Morgan CO and Keystone SD, it will add about 20 miles and 40 minutes to the trip, but still get Nebraska and pull Wyoming into the group of states for that day, but not change the hotels or a stop at Mount Rushmore. For Iowa, I may break away from the group the morning of 7-18-15, leave Austin and head South East towards home down through Bloomington IL to Indy and then East to home.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Just a quick update...

France has been busy tweaking the route based on all the feedback people have provided. We'll be posting an updated schedule very shortly. Stay tuned!
Frenchie Girl

Post by Frenchie Girl »

Thank you to the people who provided feedback and suggestions. I tried to do the best I can to accommodate most of them but was not able to do all of them. A big THANK YOU to Paul Mabin for his help with the hotel. We are adding two more states; Wyoming and Iowa. We will stop about 3 hours in San Francisco during lunch time. We are now sleeping in Salinas CA to shorten the day of the driving on Highway 1 to Anaheim. We already scheduled a stop of 1 hour at Big Sur, 45 minutes at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and 45 minutes at Pismo beach. The day will be long but stops are already planned. We are trying to pass by Death Valley after Big Bear because Vincent and I didn’t take that route yet. In Moab we will have a free day where people will be free to do what they want. Vincent and I are planning to take a photography tour. For the Mount Rushmore, we should be good to go bring our luggage to the hotel prior to visiting the site (hotel less than 6 miles from the Presidents).

Be sure to take the rate where you have the flexibility to cancel the same day or night before as much as you can. This will remove a lot of stress. Vincent and I have the AAA card where a rebate is often offered in most of the hotel.

For people who still hesitating to join the ECVW 2015, talk with the people who did the ECVW 2014 and/or C2C and you will be convinced.
joescoolcustoms

Looks great to me!

In my head, I am already on the trip.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I think the changes are great. Thanks! Tom
Frenchie Girl

Post by Frenchie Girl »

Breaking News ****** Breaking News ****** Breaking News ******

We have a group rate for the Best Western in Mount Shasta, two Queen beds is $139.99 plus tax per night. This does include a hot buffet breakfast in the morning for each registered guest of our hotel, just mention that you are part of ECVW 2015.

We also received another great news, a really good offer to stay at the Element Omaha Midtown Crossing (3253 Dodge St. Omaha, NE 68131) the evening of July 17th and the cost of the room is: FREE. Yes you read correctly, no cost for the night. We may have other surprises (that we will keep secret if we want to be a surprise). To be able to do this, we need to modify the route for July 17th and July 18th. We will also need to know how many ECVW2015 people will still be with us on that day/evening (July 17th). The modifications will be as follow:
17-Jul-15 6:30am Keystone SD 5:45pm  550.7  Element Omaha Midtown Crossing 3253 Dodge St. Omaha, NE 68131	6235.2	SD, IA, NE	Surprises to come
18-Jul-15 6:30am Omaha NE    6:30pm  591.8  Hampton Inn & Suite 5059 South 9th Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49009, USA  TEL: +1-269-372-1010	6827	NE, IA, IL, IN, MI
Please confirm how many rooms we should reserve at Omaha.
Please refer to this Post for full details.

Thanks.
joescoolcustoms

That would work better. In Davenport IA, I will separate and head south to Indy for the night. Puts us closer to home for the ones who have to work on Monday the 20th.

1 room for Darlene and I, and 1 room for David and Shannon.

Cool for the Mount Shasta hotel!

Has any Group Rate been established for Northwoods Resort for the event? I am thinking while France and Vincent go to Disney, Dar and I will run into LA, then head over to Big Bear for Thursday evening.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

joescoolcustoms wrote:Has any Group Rate been established for Northwoods Resort for the event?
Hi Joe, our event planners are finalizing the contract for the hotel and will have info shortly on the group rate. The minute we have the info, we'll be posting it here.
Laxkraap

Post by Laxkraap »

Alright,I've been 'planing/wanting' to do this since i met a great group of buggy people in st.louis last year on their way to Big Bear aka.ecvw2014.Well i didn't think it would be a big deal talking my wife into the trip...i should have brought my 'A' game because I was shot down pretty quickly!She says she doesn't want to "end up hating the buggy".She does really like it now.I need to take a step back and regroup...
This was only round 1...the debate will resume when I'm better prepared!!

(as a back-up,my buddy that got me hooked on buggies,said he'd ride along)

Still hopefull,
Laxkraap
joescoolcustoms

Laxkraap wrote:Alright,I've been 'planing/wanting' to do this since i met a great group of buggy people in st.louis last year on their way to Big Bear aka.ecvw2014.Well i didn't think it would be a big deal talking my wife into the trip...i should have brought my 'A' game because I was shot down pretty quickly!She says she doesn't want to "end up hating the buggy".She does really like it now.I need to take a step back and regroup...

Still hopefull,
Laxkraap
That is how it started for me last year, I talked my buddy into going with me. After I came home with wonderful pictures and stories to tell, it got my wife interested. She is signed on to go this year. Comfortable seats and a quite exhaust will help her in the long run.

David and I on top of Pikes Peak in '14.

David is now building his buggy so he and his daughter can go this year.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Laxkraap wrote:Alright,I've been 'planing/wanting' to do this since i met a great group of buggy people in st.louis last year on their way to Big Bear aka.ecvw2014.Well i didn't think it would be a big deal talking my wife into the trip...i should have brought my 'A' game because I was shot down pretty quickly!She says she doesn't want to "end up hating the buggy".She does really like it now.I need to take a step back and regroup...

Still hopefull,
Laxkraap
A trip like this is always hard to take the first step, but once you've done it, you're hooked. If you're looking for testimonials for the sell just check the previous trips, 2013 Sea to Sea Safari, 2014 Manx Baja Tour and of course 2014 ECVW. In 2015 we have trips crossing the country both ways, The 2015 Shuffle off to Buffalo goes from Southern California to Buffalo New York. We will pass thru St Louis if you would like to meet up and just try a couple days of road trip and also the 2015 Manx over the Falls event. One thing I think you will notice is the high rate of repeat adventurers, both husbands and wives.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

So to my ECVW friends that busted my butt at last year's Big Bear for flying and renting a car, I want you to know that I was actually on a scouting trip for your 2015 trip along the PCH (Rt 1). I know you are getting a ton of suggestions of what you "should do and see", so I'll try not to pile on except for contributing suggestions for and to the International Beer Review (IBR) blog :wink:

While traveling through Big Sur you are going to come up on some little shops and a campground. On the backside of The Village Shops, 46840 California 1, Big Sur, CA 93920 Lat/Long: 36.269875, -121.807965 (can't see it from the road) there is a big parking lot and the Maiden Publick House. There are MANY samples of adult nectar to review. The food is great too. Please say hello to our friend when you stop:

I saw mention by one of your caravan members that you may be stopping in Half Moon Bay to see Mavericks. <side note: this is where the big surf scenes were filmed for the movie Chasing Mavericks - if you haven't seen it, watch it and the area will be more meaningful>. Here are a couple of pictures from Pillar Point Air Force Station, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019 Lat/long: 37.497844, -122.498418
and Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, 390 Capistrano Rd, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019 Lat/Long: 37.504083, -122.485570 - obviously a destination for the IBR. Good food also.

Lastly I believe you might be jumping off the PCH before getting to Malibu but if you decide to detour so you can eat at a world-class establishment I will offer a reward to pick me up a shirt from there (XL). I don't know of another one of these restaurants that has their own shirts. I got two but ended up giving them away. Pongok910 will tell you this is my favorite place to eat. Unfortunately it won't be on the IBR. McDonald's, 22725 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265

Let me know if you need more suggestions for the IBR :wink:
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Thanks Bud, we can't wait to get going!
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

ATTENTION ECVW Participants

We would like to know what you prefer to do on Friday, July 10th (Morning of the drive to Big Bear)?

We can see with the Meyers if they are driving up that morning and meet up at their business and follow them to Big Bear like last year or drive to Big Bear directly?

Thanks for your input.