BUELLTON - ADVENTURE PASS REQUIREMENT

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Scott-Drolet

BUELLTON - ADVENTURE PASS REQUIREMENT

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Hi!

I received our USDA Permit today for the off-road runs in Buellton. As in years past, the permit spells out that in addition to having the run leader carry the signed permit paperwork with him, an Adventure Pass is required for all vehicles in recreation sites in the Figueroa Recreation Area or in the Santa Ynez Recreation Area. We have been given multiple interpretations as to what that sentence means. Some say it means you must have the pass, period. Others say that as long as you stay in your buggy, they won't cite you for not carrying the pass. (If you are caught outside of the buggy and walking around, however, you will receive a citation.) The official answer is that it's at the Ranger's discretion to determine rather or not you're within the recreation area.

Having said all of that, a single-use Adventure Pass is good the entire day of the run and doesn't expire until 10:00am the next morning. They are availble online or through certain sporting goods stores, such as Big 5. I have puirchased 25 Adventure Passes which I'll be selling at check-in, so the first twenty-five people who want to purchase a pass can get them from me for $5.00 each. Otherwise, feel free to bring one with you. We'll also need them at Big Bear, so whatever I don't sell here will be available for sale there, too.
Ed-Chenal

Re: BUELLTON - ADVENTURE PASS REQUIREMENT

Post by Ed-Chenal »

If you have a National Park and Federal Recreation Land Pass (that's the one you can get when you reach 62 years of age) it suffices for an Adventure Pass...but if you don't have a photo copy of it hanging from your rear view mirror (signature side of card), you better be near your buggy to present it to the Ranger before he cites you for the violation. http://store.usgs.gov/pass/senior.html