New Rainx

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Gene-C

New Rainx

Post by Gene-C »

I recently ran into one of the chain stores to get some Rainx for the Mojave road run. I saw a new version that was a spray foam cleaner/repellent. So what the heck, It always gets dirty so I just brought it with. Image So I applied it on both sides of the windshield before I left on Thursday and thought nothing of it. Well as it turned out I never cleaned my windshield the entire weekend except once when I just slap a rag over the outside to blow the loose dust off The dust basically did not stick! Pretty cool I will try it again at Calico and see if I get the same results Gene C #729
Jay_Hart

Post by Jay_Hart »

My experience with the original formula was that there was a very brief period of "white out" for lack of a better term when running the wipers. Since I hardly ever run the wipers int he buggy, this would be good to re-visit. I like you bringing the newer product to my attention. I'll have to see if it is carried near where I live. Jay
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Gene showed me his windshield after the run and I was amazed at how well it worked. Next trip, no pesky dust mask for me . . I'm spraying this stuff on my face!
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

If you gargle with it, you may never have to brush your teeth again! Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Back in 97 I owned a buggy that never had windshield wipers, I'd planned a trip to France that year to meet up with Bruce & Winnie, but was a little worried as the forecast was non stop rain. I spoke to a guy before the trip who said that if I cut a potato in half and rub it all over the windshield, it would act as a rain repellent........ Well if I ever find that guy, I'm gonna get the biggest potato I can find and shove it right up his A@&$,, because it never did work. I notice this stuff acts as a repellent,, lets hope it works better than that bloody potato did.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

I've used it on all my regular cars for years. Great stuff. Just be sure to apply it BEFORE it starts raining. LOL Once applied, the heavier the rain, the better you can see. Drops just roll right off as you drive, and lasts about a month. I get the strangest looks from people when it's raining and I don't have to use my wipers.