Siigy Manx bits wanted...

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
manxdavid

Siigy Manx bits wanted...

Post by manxdavid »

If anyone's got a pair of bottom roll bar angle brackets and/or a set of spare wheel fixings left over from a Signiture Manx build I'd happily pay good money or make a donation to the Haiti relief fund or the charity of your choice for them. Thanks in advance, Dave.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I might have a spare tire mount for you. I'll have to dig through some boxes, but I'll see if I can find it.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Cool, thanx!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

They still sell the rollbars. Have you checked with Winnie on an extra pair of brackets?
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Hey Dave, its a shame you never bought a siggy kit when Meyers was selling them, the 100th one must be very collectable and Meyers sold them off really cheap, so would have been a nice investment for ya. Wonder if the molds got destroyed after the run,,, there must have been a lot of miles left on them.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="CairoManx;15826"]They still sell the rollbars. Have you checked with Winnie on an extra pair of brackets?[/QUOTE] I'll do that, thanks.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard;15827"]Hey Dave, its a shame you never bought a siggy kit when Meyers was selling them, the 100th one must be very collectable and Meyers sold them off really cheap, so would have been a nice investment for ya. Wonder if the molds got destroyed after the run,,, there must have been a lot of miles left on them.[/QUOTE] I've often wondered what happened to the moulds. Wasn't some of the moulding done 'south of the border? I remember an 'Echo en Mexico' sticker on the sidepods you'd just got off bruce when I collected my kit from you in late '99.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid;15830"]I've often wondered what happened to the moulds. Wasn't some of the moulding done 'south of the border? I remember an 'Echo en Mexico' sticker on the sidepods you'd just got off bruce when I collected my kit from you in late '99.[/QUOTE] I don't think the siggys were molded by the same guys who did those pods. IMHO I feel Bruce kinda shot his self in the foot by doing such a small run of siggys and then stop making that classic shape, after all, its been the daddy of fiberglass dune buggies for over 40 years. Nothing against the Manxter & Kickout, both great Meyers creations, but I'm sure there will ALWAYS be a heathy market for that original shape.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard;15831"]I don't think the siggys were molded by the same guys who did those pods. IMHO I feel Bruce kinda shot his self in the foot by doing such a small run of siggys and then stop making that classic shape, after all, its been the daddy of fiberglass dune buggies for over 40 years. Nothing against the Manxter & Kickout, both great Meyers creations, but I'm sure there will ALWAYS be a heathy market for that original shape.[/QUOTE] This one sounds like a give-a-way, it's just a shame it's such a long way from most places...no pics though... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=915610
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I actually found the little bag the the spare tire mount was delivered in. It has all the mounting hardware. If you want to PM me your mailing address and donate $25 to the Red Cross, I'll ship it out to you.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid;15844"]This one sounds like a give-a-way, it's just a shame it's such a long way from most places...no pics though... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=915610[/QUOTE] Go for it Dave,, its YELLOW so you will become an official member of the YBDB's!
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Are you tempted Dave? . I love that buggy color, the seats and wheels look nice too. I'd junk that damn exhaust though.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard;15866"]Are you tempted Dave? . I love that buggy color, the seats and wheels look nice too. I'd junk that damn exhaust though.[/QUOTE] If I lived in the same state maybe but couldn't stretch to importing it at the moment...X2 about the exhaust...horrible things those!!!