The results are in!...Manx Club BOD Elections..

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
gregr

The results are in!...Manx Club BOD Elections..

Post by gregr »

I received the envelope with the results of the Board of Directors election. In alphabetical order, the following have been elected to fill the 3 open positions and serve on your board. Gene Condon Cynthia Cornelius Scott Drolet Thanks to all who participated in the voting. And since my term will expire soon, thank you all for allowing me to serve on the board. This is a great club. oops, sorry, I think I put this in the wrong topic heading. Maybe the admin can move it to a better one?
GregR
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Welcome to the Board Of Directors, Gene, Scott & Cindy! I look forward to working with you for the next year to keep this club going & growing. We will miss Greg, Bob & Mark and their hard work & contributions to the club, although I am sure they won't just fade away. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
administrator

Post by administrator »

Congratulations to the newly elected Board members. This will be fun ... And It has been Fun … Over the last two years the Board of directors has committed their time to crafting the formation of the Manx Club. Time is the second most valuable thing we have, the first is our families. For me that time has been a positive experience. Teaming with a Board of like minded folks and overcome many daunting tasks ultimately lead to development and sustainability of this Club. I am optimistic that the Club will continue on a track that provides a positive engaging persona. As this Club evolves I would like to see us representing the membership by providing legislative advocacy for the hobby and sport by actively participating in alliances with originations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition (www.sharetrails.org[FONT=&quot]). [/FONT]There is an overshadowing need of preserving responsible recreational access to public and private lands. If we as shareholders in these issues Fails to be heard, this sport & hobby, in its perpetuity will only be providing locked gates to the future… We need to carefully select our tasks. There will be a number of tangents ahead that could divert our energy from the defined purpose … Our By-laws clearly defines that “Purpose” ... Our "Purpose" begins with “Pleasure” and ends with “… the sustainability of the Manx Club”, keeping these two simple elements in mind are the essential keys to our Club’s future. There are several administrative tasks I would like to continue. The Club has been assigned the California Non Profit status (501c7) and now we’ve received the federal IRS Tax Exempt Certification. Now we are processing the California Tax Exemption application. This application should be streamlined do to the complication of the Federal process (Hmmm). This will complete my chosen administrative tasks and fulfill the legislative requirements for the Club. Because this will likely continue beyond my term I request the Boards approval to represent the Club and complete this task. My term as the first Chief Executive Officer and President of the Board of Directors has run its course. I feel humbled to have been able to work with a dedicated Board and I look forward to participating for many years in our Clubs events and volunteering help where I can... Keep it Fun… Mark Bryant Manx Club Member President 2008 - 2010
towd-dude

Thank You..!

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]To all Manx Club members,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thank You! [/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It has been an extremely rewarding experience to serve as a founding Board member. I think the club is headed in the right direction and with the help of the membership this club will be around for a long time to come. So as the club grows let your voice be heard.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]We had an exceptional group of candidates for the three board positions, unfortunately we only had three vacancies, I hope they will run again next year as others step up as well.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all……..[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob "Tow’d Dude" Kornoff[/FONT] [/FONT]
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

Cindy, Gene, Scott, Congratulations on being elected to the Manx Club Board of Directors. I am looking forward to an exciting year of working with each of you.
Joe Spittler - 1118
1MINT86

Post by 1MINT86 »

Congratulations to all of the newly elected board members and thank you to the departing ones. I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Greg & Jeanne Lewin
Member 2805
Tow'd 1679
Dual Sport DS-025
theManiac

Congrats & Thanks

Post by theManiac »

Congratulations to Cindy, Scott & Gene for being elected to the Manx Club Board of Directors!!! Thank you to Bob, Greg & Mark for helping get the Club off the ground & heading in the right direction!!!
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

WOW! I am honored to have been voted in and to be entrusted in helping direct the club. Mark, I strongly agree with your concerns regarding access in the future. The number of groups claiming to be "environmentalists" are growing; banding together in their effort to demonize our activities. Together we can, and will, beat them. It just takes commitment and vigilance on our part. Thank you Bob, Greg, and Mark for taking the lead and serving on the inaugural Board of Directors. Your selfless contributions have helped all of us enjoy our sport even more. And, a very heartfelt "thank you" to Bruce and Winnie for starting the club in the first place. For years you two alone ran and grew this club into a vibrant, thriving association. I am proud of you for what you have accomplished, and feel privileged to know you. Cindy and Gene, congratulations on your appointments. I'm looking forward to working with you, as well as the rest of the Board. This is going to be a blast!
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I want to thank all the Manxclub members that voted for us and I sure Hope we live up to it. Having said that,the batton has been passed and we can work hard to continue to build on an already solid foundation. I am excited and nervous at the same time, but I am comfortable in the thought that we have one big family all with a common passion I am looking forward to our first meeting and a very exciting future. What can be better than working on what you really enjoy!!!
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

Thanks everyone for allowing me the privilege of joining the Manx Club Board. Congratulations to Scott and Gene, my fellow new members of the board. I look forward to working with you both. This is a great club and I will do my best to support its growth while maintaining the camaraderie and feeling of family the club now enjoys.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Cindy, Gene & Scott - please send me a PM. Tom Iacoboni
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)