Dec 11-13 Christmas in Borrego

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

I'll be there with the motorhome, flat towing the Burro. Any site is fine, I'll make resrvations tomorrow.
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FAKMANX

Post by FAKMANX »

We will be there. Does this run require membership? I am inviting my sister who is not yet a member. I need to know so I can make reservations. Thanks Cindy
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

Hi John, Glad you can make it .. yes it does require membership. We will be working on the fliers soon. Thanks, Cindy
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

John, I need to clarify that membership is per buggy owner, meaning that if your sister is bringing a buggy than she would need to be a member. If she is riding with you than no..she would be under your #. If it turns out that she does need membership than we ask that she send it in before the run so that we can cut down on the paper work being done at the check in time. Also, the entry fee for this run will only be $10.00 as we are not having a show and shine or raffle. This will keep costs to members way down and still cover the expense of mailing the flier. Don't for get that white elephant gift for the Sat nite pot luck. Should be a lot of fun.
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

[QUOTE="justbugn;14889"]John, I need to clarify that membership is per buggy owner, meaning that if your sister is bringing a buggy than she would need to be a member. If she is riding with you than no..she would be under your #. If it turns out that she does need membership than we ask that she send it in before the run so that we can cut down on the paper work being done at the check in time. Also, the entry fee for this run will only be $10.00 as we are not having a show and shine or raffle. This will keep costs to members way down and still cover the expense of mailing the flier. Don't for get that white elephant gift for the Sat nite pot luck. Should be a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]Don't want to sound stuped but what is a white elephant gift?
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="Art3358;14899"]Don't want to sound stuped but what is a white elephant gift?[/QUOTE] Basically it is something sitting a round you house that you have no clue were you got it and don't want it sitting around the house anymore,,It's a chance to regift,, get rid of some of that crap that other people have given to you over the years,,,Its fun,,,,,,
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

[QUOTE="tim morgan;14900"]Basically it is something sitting a round you house that you have no clue were you got it and don't want it sitting around the house anymore,,It's a chance to regift,, get rid of some of that crap that other people have given to you over the years,,,Its fun,,,,,,[/QUOTE]Geeez, then I think I have a gift for the entire club.
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

Tim, You did a good job explaining the white elephant..Thanks I might add that sometimes one persons junk turns out to to anothers treasure and that is when the stealing back and forth begins. When it is your turn to pick a gift you may either chose an unpicked wrapped gift or you may take a previously opened gift from a friend.. then the friend has to pick again.
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

[QUOTE="justbugn;14917"]Tim, You did a good job explaining the white elephant..Thanks I might add that sometimes one persons junk turns out to to anothers treasure and that is when the stealing back and forth begins. When it is your turn to pick a gift you may either chose an unpicked wrapped gift or you may take a previously opened gift from a friend.. then the friend has to pick again.[/QUOTE]Sounds like fun
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

Paulette and I plan to attend. I'll call Stage Coach.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

So will i be able to hand off the phillipe award at this event? lol
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Nope, Gotta hang on to it until Calico in March
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

DARN! but I guess at least I can't get another one than, right?
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Mike, You are safe on this trip, however word spreads fast over the internet and pictures say a thousand words . LOL.
towd-dude

**** Change**** Dec 11-13 Christmas in Borrego

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]All, "Dec 11-13 Christmas in Borrego" as a Manx Club run has been changed to just a group run. Due to insurance issues we need to drop the "Official" part of the run. We have been actively pursuing affordable insurance, but time has run out with the run being so close. All other plans are still a go. We will have a potluck on Saturday night and possibly a run into Julian on Friday night. We hope this does not inconvenience anyone. We will still have the "White Elephant" gift exchange. Hope to see you there.. For further informantion contact: Cindy Cornelius at 951-677-0205 or Bob Kornoff at 775-782-9642 Bob [/FONT][/FONT]