Dec 11-13 Christmas in Borrego

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
BuggyBob

Dec 11-13 Christmas in Borrego

Post by BuggyBob »

The next Manx Club event will be Dec 11-13 in Borrego,Ca east of Julian,Ca at the Stagecoach RV Resort. Call the resort to reserve your camping space! STAGECOACH TRAILS Horse Camping, Family Camping 7878 Great Southern Overland Stage Route of 1849 Julian, CA 92036 Phone (760) 765-3765 or Fax 760-765-3265 This will be a regional event. This means that there will no Show and Shine, raffle or tshirts. You will recieve a Manx Club refrig magnets for this event in your package upon checkin. This event will have a potluck dinner Friday and Saturday night starting at 630 pm, location in the campground to be determined. Also, Saturday night potluck will have a "white elephant gift giving" so wrap up something you have thats in good condition and you dont need for exchange at dinner. Remember to decorate your camp, buggy and yourself in the holiday theme.
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

[QUOTE="Buggybob;14809"]The next Manx Club event will be Dec 11-13 in Borrego,Ca east of Julian,Ca at the Stagecoach RV Resort. Call the resort to reserve your camping space! STAGECOACH TRAILS Horse Camping, Family Camping 7878 Great Southern Overland Stage Route of 1849 Julian, CA 92036 Phone (760) 765-3765 or Fax 760-765-3265 This will be a regional event. This means that there will no Show and Shine, raffle or tshirts. You will recieve a Manx Club refrig magnets for this event in your package upon checkin. This event will have a potluck dinner Friday and Saturday night starting at 630 pm, location in the campground to be determined. Also, Saturday night potluck will have a "white elephant gift giving" so wrap up something you have thats in good condition and you dont need for exchange at dinner. Remember to decorate your camp, buggy and yourself in the holiday theme.[/QUOTE]The place looks nice Bob. Do we ask for group camping or does it matter?
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I havent called the event coor for this event to see if there is a group area yet. I will post more when I get more info.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Buggybob;14811"]I havent called the event coor for this event to see if there is a group area yet. I will post more when I get more info.[/QUOTE] With 285 sites, it would be a long walk between friends, if we weren't grouped together and the brochure says "Specific site requests are not guaranteed". Think I'll wait till they can confirm they can put all of us together in one area. Before reserving a site.
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

Hi .. I would like to get an idea of those interested in the Dec x-mas run in Borrego. This will help us to negotiate the best deal with the RV park. So if you think you might be able to attend could you please respond to this post and let me know. We are looking at using the group area just behind the club house which consists of back ins with a group fire pit. We can spread out from there, also the sites in front of the club house are pull thru. I have reserved the club house for Friday and Sat nites. Thanks for your help, Cindy Cornelius So Cal. event coordinator
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

Art and Della are in.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I plan on being there. Probably tent site only
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Cindy,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Anita and I will be there Friday, we got space 213.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob[/FONT]
glasstub

Post by glasstub »

glasstub #3011 we will be there at the borrego run.
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

I will bring firewood to help with the stories.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I'm planning on being there, but I'm pulling a toy trailer with my motor home, a back in will be O.k. if they have trailer parking. If I remember the last time we were there they had the room.
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

Jimbo, This time we took space 233 so that we could leave our long trailer hooked up, but in the past Al just left it in the back along the fence line .. no one back there at the time. Lori is the Lady I am working with ,give her a call. Thanks,
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="justbugn;14823"]Jimbo, This time we took space 233 so that we could leave our long trailer hooked up, but in the past Al just left it in the back along the fence line .. no one back there at the time. Lori is the Lady I am working with ,give her a call. Thanks,[/QUOTE] Is there a map or space layout we can see??
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Cindy, I plan on coming down for the run. Always wanted to try the squeeze after hearing about it.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
justbugn

Post by justbugn »

Thanks every one for responding ..Don't forget to plan to decorate your buggys, campsites and yourselves in a Christmas theme!! Also start digging out that white elephant gift for the exchange at the pot luck Sat. nite There is a map of the campgrounds on their website. http://www.stagecoachtrails.com/index.html go to reservations and scroll down there is a map at the bottom. Your welcome to E-mail me. cynthiacornelius@msn.com