New to the Club

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
jamboguru

New to the Club

Post by jamboguru »

Hi, Well I am fairly new to the VW and Dune Buggy scene. I finish my first dune buggy October 2008 and took it on a 500 mile round trip down to the Corpus Christi coast with no problems. Thinking of making it again this year. Hoping to get me another to build soon.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Hi, Great Stuff! 500 miles without a problem and hoping to build another one so soon, nice work. Now that sounds to me like you've been truly bitten by the bug!!. Any pics of the trip and the buggy?
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Welcome to the Asylum
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Hi and welcome!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

welcome to the club Jam. Hope to see all you east coasters next year
gregr

Post by gregr »

East Coasters?? Bob, Jam, like me are in the great State of Texas, and we ain't no East Coasters! we're west of the Mississippi and south of the Red River. Shoot, I might just have to get Billy Bob and Martha Jo to whup up on yew. :) Just picking on you Bob...LOL Welcome Jam. I saw you on the Texas Club site as well. If you're looking for a good cruise, several of the Texas bunch will be in Boerne this weekend. Parade on Saturday and cruise on Sunday. Looks like it'll only be 95 or so, so it'll be a nice cool weekend to cruise.
GregR
Jon

Welcome

Post by Jon »

Hey, You Got Pix?
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Hey Gregr, anything east of the rockies is east coast to me:)
jamboguru

Post by jamboguru »

Thanks, I will not be able to make Borne. I was pretty sick the whole month of July with 103 fevers. Spent 2 week in at the local VA hospital. I am getting better, but I do not think I need to go out and relapse. Pictures yes. Check out my album in my profile. I posted pics of all the rides. And a big YES to catchin the bug. I have 4 VW's in a short time. I actually had 5, but just sold one last week to make room and cash for the next buggy build. not bad for a girl:)
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="jamboguru;14620"]Thanks, I will not be able to make Borne. I was pretty sick the whole month of July with 103 fevers. Spent 2 week in at the local VA hospital. I am getting better, but I do not think I need to go out and relapse. Pictures yes. Check out my album in my profile. I posted pics of all the rides. And a big YES to catchin the bug. I have 4 VW's in a short time. I actually had 5, but just sold one last week to make room and cash for the next buggy build. not bad for a girl:)[/QUOTE]I gota say thats nice looking buggy (for a girl)LOL
Dan B.

Post by Dan B. »

Welcome to the club!