Christmas Parade

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Beezer

Christmas Parade

Post by Beezer »

Our little town, Santa Paula, has a pretty good Christmas parade (in a cheesey kinda way). It is very well attended and always the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year that would be November 28th. The theme this year is "A California Christmas". Now - what could be more "California" than a cool dune buggy all decorated up - especially if you happen to have a surf board on top? Maybe a little music - fa la la la la - you know. Anyone out there like to participate? I don't have all the details yet, but I think staging is about 9:00 - 9:30 and the parade starts about 10:00 and is over by noon. Hey - you MIGHT even get to sit on St Nick's lap while you're in town. He's ALWAYS riding around on our big old fire engine cuz they let him play with the flashing lights and siren - a little break from those low-wattage reindeer. I bet we could even end the parade with lunch in our new Irish pub or a nice run over the hill to Boccallis, a great Italian restaurant. Always good Mexican food to be found here, too....... Seriously, though - we and a couple others have been taking our buggies to Santa Paula Cruise Night over the summer months. They always bring a smile to the kids - little & big - of Santa Paula, which is what the parade's all about anyway. Any interest? Connie & Lynn Breedlove Members 1634 Meyers Manx "Aztec Fire" Old clone "Beezer" (who's currently in rehab)
theManiac

Post by theManiac »

Hey, this just might be do-able! I've always wanted to drive Xena in a parade! A Christmas parade would be even better! Since it is only a week away, I'll try to give you a call for more details!
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

Hope you can make it - would be great to have another buggy or two. The SP Christmas Parade is a lot of fun and the weather is going to be bee-u-tee-ful!!! Was about 80 here today! Give me a call - 933-6647 or 798-1493. Connie