East Coast Buggy Jam?

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I would think we could have a big turn out if we were to hold one in Jacksonville, Fl
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Oh yeah!!!! I could do Jacksonville too.........[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob K[/FONT]
Vealmonkey

Post by Vealmonkey »

Would people be more interested in basing the meeting around an existing VW show? I know Bug Out in Manassas, VA usually has a pretty good turn out. You could have the Buggy meet on Saturday and Everyone hit Bug Out on Sunday.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

All locations are open for discussion Manassas, VA is an option I think piggybacking off of a bug-in type event might work out well the first time. We need contacts and phone numbers of those who organize those events.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

When do they have the vw show there?
dennis-and-cathy

Bug Out

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

I saw this link - think it's it... http://www.bugouts.com/ Looks like 9/6/09 is the next one...
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

They normally have the Bug Out events on Memorial day & Labor Day weekends. We went there May of 2006, it was a nice show. Instead of off road, you can 1/8 mile drag race! For a cruise, Skyline Drive (the northern part of Blue Ridge Parkway) is @ 50 miles away. We drove that on the way to the Texas Manx Club event and saw some nice views & wild life. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
vincent9993

Yet another site suggestion

Post by vincent9993 »

We were out cruzing around Jay Peak the other week-end and the roads there were just amazing! I don't know if there are any off road areas to the mountain but that would definatly be a nice spot for fall colors. The questions we'll need to start asking are: - Who's comming? To figure out how many people the even needs space for - Where is everyone comming from? Makes sense to have event near majority of participants - What accomodations do we need? Hotel / Campsite / Restaurants / Showers / ??? - What type of trail/cruise are we looking for? Street / Mild trails / Off road / Extreme off road - Other activities? Show & Shine / Runs / BBQ / Swapmeet / ??? Of course, we could start small and simply tag along to an existing VW event but I still think we need to set some club objectives... Thoughts?
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Dune-Buggy-Archives

East Coast Events

Post by Dune-Buggy-Archives »

East Coast events have been a goal of mine for the last five years. The Dune Buggy Archives group has tried to promote a new event each year somewhere East of the Mississippi river. In May 2006 we gathered a collection of 28 dune buggies at the Bugout in Manassas Virginia. Some were SAMBA members who read about the post, some were Manx Club members, some were DBA members, and some were just dune buggy owners who attend the Bugout every year. Image In August 2007 we met at the Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen show in Columbus Ohio. We had dune buggies from NY, KY, OH, DE, MD, WV, VA, PA, WI and SC. We had about 20 dune buggies at this event. In June 2008 the Dune Buggy Archives promoted a trip to the Mid America sponsored Funfest. With the appearance of Bruce Meyers and a live on site 2 day dune buggy build taking place, the show brought in over 130 different dune buggies. There were 3 dune buggy clubs there also. They came from CA, FL, SC, IN, IL, WV, OH, WI, DE, MI, even a fellow from Austrialia was there, it was amazing. Image In April 2009 we gathered the Dune Buggy Archives gang again at Carlisle PA at the Carlisle Import and Kit Car Nationals. We took s econd place for the largest kit Club gathering. We had 27 dune buggies that came from East Coast states. The debut of the Kickout and Bruce at the show was a help, the weather was the enemy. Many people did not attend because of the weather. Image I like the idea of piggybacking a VW show. It gives us a chance to show the rest of the VW hobby that there is value to dune buggies and dune buggy owners aren't just hacks cutting up cars, we are cool people. Having the day before the show as a meet and cruise day, then a group dinner that night, and a big turn out the next day at the show, is my favorite way to go. The DBA is excited by the changes the new Manx Club is making and we stand ready to assist in anyway we can to promote the Dune Buggy Hobby!
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

What changes are being made ???????
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Tim, in this particular instance, we are trying to put together an official Manx Club event on the east coast.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

KOOL,,That would be a good excuse to go back east..