Kornoffs finished Manx

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Dan B.

Post by Dan B. »

Bob, neat application! It looks like a nice finished job. Dan
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks Dan,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I got it at Kragen. Will you be going to the Tahoe Run?[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob[/FONT]
Gary1719

Buggy

Post by Gary1719 »

Nice job! What is it with these people with a finished buggy? They look so so Happy! LOL
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well it turns out its not as finished as I thought. The second transmission I installed is bad also. So next weekend I get to drive 900 miles (round trip) to Anaheim and pick up a new one. The lesson I?ve learned here is, when you buy something with moving parts from someone you don?t know DON?T TRUST THEM! ! ! This means I don?t get to go on Gene?s fishing trip, which I?ve been waiting for since last year? It will however be ready for Lake Tahoe, just not the offroad runs. Posey sniffing only for me........ bummer[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob[/FONT] [/FONT]
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Used trannys are a hit-miss type of deal. I had a 002 bus tranny everything worked but 1st. gear, used it for a core and got a rebuilt @ Wrights Gear Box in Riverside it was less than $500 exchange. W/1 year warranty.
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Jimbo, On this tranny 2nd gear is out and when I shift into 4th I can hear everything moving in the trans. Now I'm not sure if 4th is going too or I can hear everything because the trans is mounted in solid and the noise is being transferred through the chassis. I found another 002 at Carcraft in Riverside. $450 w/core and a 12k guarantee. Rancho wanted $699.00 w/core. So, tomorrow out comes the trans. Bob [/FONT][/FONT]
Dan B.

Tahoe

Post by Dan B. »

Bob, My buggy isn't complete yet, but I may take a drive up 50 from the valley in my everyday wheels to check it out on saturday. Seeing i'm a newby, i'll be all eyes, ears & camera seeing all the cool buggys and differant setups. Also, Kragens here I come for that steering boot! Damn, hopefully my '67 s.a. tranny is good, I haven't tried it yet........ Hum... Now, you have me thinking.... Ya never know what you have when you buy a "rolling chassis" My new 1776 bolted up to a crap tranny? I hope not....... Gulp.... Dan B.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="Towd Dude;14263"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Jimbo, On this tranny 2nd gear is out and when I shift into 4th I can hear everything moving in the trans. Now I'm not sure if 4th is going too or I can hear everything because the trans is mounted in solid and the noise is being transferred through the chassis. I found another 002 at Carcraft in Riverside. $450 w/core and a 12k guarantee. Rancho wanted $699.00 w/core. So, tomorrow out comes the trans. Bob [/FONT][/FONT][/QUOTE]So Bob,,Did you get the tranny from Carcraft ??If so,,do you like it?? I was going to have Rancho rebuild my trans,But if Carcraft dose good work for a better price I may go to them,,Thanks Tim
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tim,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I've put 50 miles on the tranmission in the last two days, absolutly no problems. Shifts are positive and smooth. I didn't even have to make any adjustments to the shifter. I highly recommend them. My deal was $450.00 with a core, I also gave them a T-I IRS tranny and got another $50.00 off. Talk to Ron mention me (the guy from Nevada) and tell him you are in the Manx Club and get a discount. I think Ron is off on Mondays. You also get your choice of late or early model, take the late model. The only difference I could tell is the throw out bearing.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I talked to Rancho too but $699.00 plus core was just to much for a stock transmission.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Let me know how you make out.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here is there info:[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Car Craft[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ron[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS](951) 781-4480[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]1006 E. Cadena Dr. Riverside[/FONT]
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Thanks Bob,,I need to pick up a hood and side pods from Winne,So looks like a road trip is coming up,,I well call Ron tomorrow ,,What mods did they do to your trans,,Supper diff,,Welded 3-4 hubs,,Side covers ??I think I am going to put a 1776 motor in,So I want a strong trans,,
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Also try Wright's Gear Box, in Riverside, They wholesale to Sav A Bug, CarCraft, Pacic customs, etc. Their ad in Hot VWs, page 4. That's where I got mine. 951-372-0404
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tim,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]The one I got was box stock, no frills. I'm running a 1835 and should have no problems. I run 60% street and 40 off road and the dirt stuff is mild, no extreme rock climbing, on purpose that is......[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Check jimbo's places too, may make a better deal. Car Craft was the best for me and they did the work at there shop.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob[/FONT]