Slow new build,Manx #1089

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Lee

Post by Lee »

Buggy's looking good!
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="tim morgan;14553"]Postman came Saturday ,,Thank's David,,,IOU one,,or two,,,,Tim[/QUOTE] Cool beanz!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Well ,,had a chance to work on the Manx for a day,,I welded in the mount for the SACO clutch master cylinder,,Drilled the holes in the front of the chassis and mounted the cylinder,,Clamped the reservoir to the frame,,Installed the brake master,,,Made a longer rod for the clutch hook so it would line up with the clutch master,,So fair,,So good,,Had new king pin and link pin bushings installed,,So the next thing to do well be build the front end,,,
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

I ordered rear adjustable spring plates from CB Performance in May and just now got them,,Sway A Way,,Well bad news,,,The torsion bars don't fit in them,,They line up but wont slide on,,As you can see in the pix,,It's about 1/1000 of an inch off,,,I tapped them with a rubber mallet and you can see the ring it left on the splines,,If it were honed out it would fit,,,I have a call into Sway A Way to see what they want to do,,,Bummer,,,,,I wonder if it shrunk when they welded it ????
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

its still working
Dave & Gail

Post by Dave & Gail »

I always liked this site Tim