I want a RHD Manxter!

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
markmark

I want a RHD Manxter!

Post by markmark »

My Manx clone has only been on the road for a few months and I'm already starting to get itchy feet. I reckon a Manxter would be perfect to suit my family of four. The only problem is it only comes as a LHD drive kit. What should I do? Wait for a RHD to be made or just import a LHD kit and make it RHD? I love the dualsport but there would be no way of registering something like that over here. We are only allowed to widen the track by 1 inch. I think my only hope is to go for the SS kit and make it as as off road capable as I can.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

When I spoke to Bruce in Feb. he said that there was someone interested in making a RHD kit for sale in Australia. He thought that the Australian guy and the authorised British dealer (who's kits come from Portugal) were going to share the cost of him moulding an RHD dash but he hadn't heard anything back from either of them. It wouldn't take much to mould a new dash and move the column mount in the cage yourself though.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
markmark

Post by markmark »

I know the guy in Australia who was trying to do it but he didn't quite get enough people that were really committed. I'm thinking that I might go for a LHD kit and make it RHD. The dash frame won't be hard to convert. I had to make one from scratch for my manx clone. The dash itself will be a lot of work but what I have in mind is to cut up the LHD dash and make it into a RHD dash. I was then thinking I would get the dash trimmed in vinyl by a motor trimmer to hide my glass work. That's how I'm picturing the conversion anyway.