CB Repairs

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
manx1111pla

CB Repairs

Post by manx1111pla »

I was looking for a Cb repair shop to boost my cobra and had a HECK of a time finding a place. All the small mom and pop shop are long gone. Jimbo suggested a place in Ontario but i couldn't find it. I must have gone through 6-7 people trying to locate a place and i finally found a small shop in Downey called Halcon communications 12912 Paramount blvd. (562) 861-9656. I drove all the way down there and had my radio tested, it rated at 6 watts. Since i didn't have a more sophisticated cb they were able to boost it to 22 watts and i didn't have to change the antenna ( it is a no ground plane antenna) she just gave me a new base fitting. It cost about $25.00 to boost it.I haven't matched it yet but it works great. They would have matched it for me there but i didn't have the buggy.I just thought i would throw this out there just in case you all needed a place for new radios or repairs.
Gene-C

CB Radios

Post by Gene-C »

For those who need a CB Radio fix, the place is called "The Radio Shop" located @ 4055 Guasti Rd. Suite #101, Ontario, Ca. 909-390-5056, they are located just south of Interstate 10 just west of Miliken Ave. just west of the large truck stop. In the same complex is a great place for lites, @ a trucker's toy store1
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

Cool CB stuff. Thanks Jimbo
Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Just got back from Avenue TV & Communications in Ventura (401 N. Ventura Ave. Ventura, CA. 805-652-0677). Small shop, but very helpful. I had purchased a base loaded ground plane antenna from him, and I took the buggy over to make sure everything was working right. He opened up the radio, and found that some of the solder connections were on their way out. So he soldered them up for nothing! He even checked both our antennas (the old tall lighted one, and the one I had purchased last week) and both were working perfectly. He spent the better part of an hour with me, and didn't even charge me! He asid all he wanted was word of mouth. I told him I'd be more than happy to do that for him.