Big Bear Bash 09

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
BuggyBob

trail location

Post by BuggyBob »

Hey Peddro and Jimbo, Heres the areas the manx club will be running. Please try to keep this info on the down low. jes kidding average runs- holcomb valley,seven oaks, sugerloaf mt-wildhorse meadows Havent heard from Mel or Steve on the thrill seekers run yet
dcamomanx

Post by dcamomanx »

Jimbo and pedro I just got back from a weekend of pre-running in big bear. On sunday we went down rattle snake canyon. This might be the run you are looking for. It has a little bit of everything. Some open desert running, tight canyons, some rock crawling. Nothing to extreme, but alot of fun. It does leave the mountain and get into the hot desert and the way back is mostly pavement, but well worth the trip in my book. Let me know if you want more details Doran
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Big Bear update! 90 entries recieved-a total of 94 buggies!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Friday, I was thinking a run up Gold Mtn. towards Union Flats, Arrastre Flats into Holcomb Valley and maybe up to John Bull Flat, depending on the time and who is all going, then over to Fawnskin Valley area. Lots of roads in that area.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Big Bear update final entries recieved 96 entries with over 100 buggies. WOW this is going to great!
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

[QUOTE="Buggybob;14011"]Big Bear update final entries recieved 96 entries with over 100 buggies. WOW this is going to great![/QUOTE] Just wanted to make sure you had received ours, sometimes our Canadian mail service plays games with us. We made it to San Francisco and will be there! My check had not been processed by my bank yet...
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

No worries Vincent. We have you scheduled to arrive Big Bear Friday. See you there. I deposited your check last week into Bank of America. Im not sure how long it takes to process. By the way, what is your wifes name?
deadeyebart

100 + Buggies!! Wow!

Post by deadeyebart »

This is gonna be a great weekend. 100 plus buggies. Amazing. We're looking forward to seeing you all there. Brett & Carol Fernau
BuggyBob

buggy blog

Post by BuggyBob »

Brett, can you put up a link here to your buggy blog?
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

[QUOTE="Buggybob;14032"]No worries Vincent. We have you scheduled to arrive Big Bear Friday. See you there. I deposited your check last week into Bank of America. Im not sure how long it takes to process. By the way, what is your wifes name?[/QUOTE] Thanks, my wife's name is France. We should arrive at Big Bear on Friday but we may be late in the day. We'll confirm tomorrow affter we've had a chance to review our plans. What are we missing if we only show up on Saturday morning? Really looking forward to meet everyone! Vincent
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

You will enjoy it more if you get registered on Friday. Saturday mornings can be a bit chaotic as all the groups get sorted out for the various runs. Register on Friday and you will not regret it.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

[QUOTE="manxter10;14039"]You will enjoy it more if you get registered on Friday. Saturday mornings can be a bit chaotic as all the groups get sorted out for the various runs. Register on Friday and you will not regret it.[/QUOTE] Ok then we'll show up on Friday afternoon. We were planning to hit the beach in the morning and then head out the the registration in the afternoon. The flyer says not to show up before 1pm but what time will the registration be open 'till or when would you prefer having us over for registration. BTW, any public beach recommendations? We're not that picky, it's only for half a day. We're staying in Riverside, so we have to travel west anyways...
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Vincent and France, You can check in any time after 1pm or until the check- in people get tired and go to bed. As for a beach, I dont have a recommendation. I am staying in Riverside until Thursday. So if you are in town, call me @ 775-771-6428. Would like to meet up with you if possible. If not, see you in Big Bear. Bob
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

We'll try to give you a call later on today to see about dinner tonight?
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Vincent - don't forget about the "famous" L.A. traffic, especially on a Friday afternoon. If you are in Riverside, you will have to go all they way across L.A and then all the way back to get to Big Bear. This can only be done in the middle of the day , very early morning or late at night. Even then you can run into traffic. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)