Big Bear Bash 09

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
BuggyBob

Big Bear Bash 09

Post by BuggyBob »

The dates for Big Bear are July 10-12 at Camp Tanda. No reservations needed if you plan on staying in Camp Tanda. the gate will open Friday around 2pm. This years run will include a dinner at a local restarant catered to the club on Saturday night Flyers will go out in June. Bob Hunter Manx Club Events
james lemmon

Big Bear

Post by james lemmon »

Ok cool, so it's free to stay at the camp spot? Do we need to RSVP? and can we bring our dogs? we just joined the club, what goes on during this trip? Thanks, James Lemmon
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Hi James, Give me a call at 775-771-6428 and I can answer your questions. Bob
BuggyBob

Big Bear Bash 09 FAQ

Post by BuggyBob »

Ive started to recieve calls about Big Bear 09 about entry fees to pets. Heres a quick list of FAQs that might clear up any confusion. Q. Is the $40 entry fee per buggy or per merbership? A. The $40 fee is per entry. If you and you family are planning to attend with one buggy, its $40 plus dinner and tshirt cost. If you are planning on inviting a friend with their buggy, they must pay the same as a member. $40 plus dinner and tshirt cost. Simply copy the registration form before you fill it out and have your guest fill one out and send it in. I will then make a packet for them as well. Q. Are pets allowed? A. Yes, but they must be kept on a lease and you must clean up after them. Q. Do I need to call and make reservations for Camp Tanda? A. No. The Manx Club has rented Camp Tanda for the weekend. Rv and tent camping is a first come first serve. We are limited on flat ground to park RVs so pack them in tight. There are no hookups but there are showers and restrooms. We are responsible for keeping them clean. Sunday morning I will be needing volunteers to clean the restrooms. By now you should have recieved your Mania in the mail. Inside you will find the flyer and registration form. Please fill out the registration form, double check your amounts and mail me the form with a personal check or money order as soon as you can. If you have any other questions, you can call me at 775-771-6428 or email me at rhunter8037@sbcglobal.net. Thank you and see you in Big Bear. Bob Hunter
vincent9993

A couple of questions...

Post by vincent9993 »

We're trying to make it to the event but I've got a couple of questions... What's the Adventure Pass for and do I need to get one before I get to the camp? The Info page says that CBs are required, is that for the "Thrill Seekers" cruise only or do I need to source one before the trip? Would FRS do? We're only considering intermediate or street cruise. Thanks
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Vincent, I would recommend putting a cb in your buggy before you leave. Just another way to comunicate during your journey. Also, its good to have in your buggy when you are out with the group, just so you can hear whats going on with in your group. There has been times where we had to position buggies with radios at different spots anlong the trail so we could find a lost buggy. As for the adventure pass, dont worry about that until you make it here. Real easy to get.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Are there going to be any trail maps provided?
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

Hey, Bob - Thanks for the Q & A, but the $40 fee per entry raises a question. We (husband / wife) are one member but have two buggies we plan to bring - I'll drive one and my husband will drive the other. The form said $40.00 per member, but appears it may be $40 per buggy? If so, looks like I need to send in more money. Thanks for all you do, Bob - I know event coordinating can be hectic! Connie Breedlove Member #1634
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Good morning Connie, To answer your question about buggy fees. Its $40 per member number. If you have Member # xxxx, its $40. if you have mutiple member #s, its $40 per #. If you bring 2 buggies, its $40. If you bring a friend who not a member and has his own buggy, its $40 for both of you but we ask that your friend joins the club during the event for $30. I try to keep the cost down by not charging a late entry fee or an extra buggy fee. But I do ask if you are bring a friend who is going to be staying a Camp Tanda with you, that the contribute some way in the clubs cost to rent Camp Tanda. I hope this clears up any mis understandings. As for having maps for each run, I found that 90% of the buggistas dont use them. They just seem to follow the leader. Since I live in Reno, the preruns are done by the locals. When I get to an event, I dont have a copier machine to make maps for everybody. I can only recommend if you want a map, then purchace one for that area and get with your group leader before the run and map out the route. That the best I can do. Bob
Lee

Post by Lee »

We don't need no stinkin'.... Ok, fine. I won't go there!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I'm making a Friday run and didn't want to duplicate any events on Saturday, thanks anyway.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Jimbo, I guess I didnt understand your question on maps. I do have the locations of where the leaders are taking their groups if that would help you.
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

Thanks for the update. We won't be at Tanda, though we may leave our trailer there if possible, as there's not a lot of space at the cabin we're renting. If so, we will find a way to contribute so it doesn't put a burden on the club. Looking forward to it! Connie & Lynn Breedlove #1634
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="Buggybob;13898"]Jimbo, I guess I didnt understand your question on maps. I do have the locations of where the leaders are taking their groups if that would help you.[/QUOTE] Thanks Bob, it would help. Trying to set something up between "Average and Thrill". You can PM me or E-mail me. Unless Mojave Mel ,has any ideas?
El-Lobo

Post by El-Lobo »

Hey Bob or Jimbo, If you could forward that info to me I'd be happy to help scout on Friday. I'll be lakeside on Thursday. pEdRo