Seeing more buggies in my little town!

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
croakintowd

Seeing more buggies in my little town!

Post by croakintowd »

I live in a small town. Nothing happens or moves much. There are a lot of cars moving around town, but I don't know why. There's nothing here to drive to. Over the past few months I have seen three different buggies running around town, and another for sale by the side of the road. I don't get to speak to the drivers as they usually get away before I can figure out how to get them to stop and talk. But it's fun to see them running around. I think this "Buggy Thing" might just catch on!
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

I live in a coastal town where everything has a beach/surfing theme. You would think that there would be dune buggys all over the place. Not so. Another guy and I maintain an email list with buggy people that we run into around town (we use the list to organize cruise-ins and stuff). We have about 13 people on the list. Everytime my wife and I go out driving we always have someone come up to us and ask where they can get "one of those". I rattle off the list of current vendors and websites. I am convinced that if there were distributors (like back in the old days) along the south-east coast (from VA Beach to Myrtle Beach) they would sell very well. The average person is just not aware of what's out there. There are so few of us around here that a local hot rod shop (I had my new tires mounted there) asked me to bring the "gang" to their cruise-in. The shop doesn't even sell anything related to VW's. Four of us went and got as much or more attention as the muscle cars. In fact one of the employees asked my friend for a ride in his buggy (which the employee video taped while riding). Here are a few pictures of our buggys/rail at the cruise-in. We created a lot of attention from the Mustang gear heads :-) Image Image Image Buggy on! Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I really like your buggy's new look Bud. If the BOTM is redone or a feature buggy section is added, it would be great to see more of your car.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Jon, Thanks for the feedback. Other than the color, it is completely different from when I bought it. Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing