Possibly heading down to Philadelphia next week end...

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
vincent9993

Possibly heading down to Philadelphia next week end...

Post by vincent9993 »

Wife and I are planning a trip from Montreal to Philadelphia next week-end for the week with the buggy. Anyone down there want to meet up? Thanks
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
90volts

Post by 90volts »

what weekend? 28th or 4th? should be able to do something.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Leaving on Sat the 28th AM (early) and driving all day (7+ hours) and spending the week. Probably returning on Friday 3rd or before bad weather sets in! My CAA (our AAA) agent is sending me a route by Friday. Anyone got hotel recomendations on Philadelphia? Something decent in the 100-150/night. I don't know the going rate there... If that's too low, willing to readjust.
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Buggy-Bum-2

Post by Buggy-Bum-2 »

Good to here that people do come to phila on vacation. Myself and 90 volt both live in the Phila area. A meet up sounds good to me also. The Holiday Inn at 1305 Walnut St. Center city is a nice place to stay, rates I am not shore about. But they do have indoor parking. Give them a call and see what they say, Here is there phone # 215-735-9300. Myself and 90 volt are also members of a dune buggy club here in the Phila area, The Buggy Bums. http://www.thebuggybums.com/ Looking foward to meeting you.
vincent9993

Friend and Family presure!

Post by vincent9993 »

After being convinced by friend that we should head to Washington instead of Philidalphia, we find ourselves at the Marriott Courtyard Convention Center in Washington DC. Looks like Philadelphia will be for another time. Thanks for the trip info though, I'm going to keep it for the next trip! So after almost 800 miles and a little bit of rain yesterday, we made it with no issues! We head back Thursday.
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Hi Vincent & Frances! Taking your annual, summer, buggy trip I see! (I'm a little slow to catch up) Hope you had a great vacation this year and traveled without incident (unlike Tom & I this year). Washinton DC is great to see! There are soooo many things to see and you can travel easily using mass transportation. Hopefully you had weather that wasn't too hot and humid. It's been over a year since you stopped here on your way home. Hard to believe that time is passing so quickly! Wishing you a safe and comfortable ride home! Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Hi Kathleen & Tom, I read with interest your recap of your western trip! As for us, we made it back last night in a single haul. Apart from the occasional heat build up on the engine through the Adirondacks and a few loose bolts holding the shift stick - We're happy to report we don't have many mechanical stories to tell. Valet parking was interesting but the two people were very nice and unless they jacked up the car to unwind the mileage (a la Ferris Bueller), the buggy remained rested for the entire stay. The people in Washington were very nice. What we found most suprising while visiting is that most everything is free (for visitors of course - I supose someone pays: you!) France and I did the Segway tour of Washington - Very interesting way to see a city. The night tour was also very interesting. France took detailed trip records of mileage, re-fuelings and stops. I'll be able to report back with details if anyone is interested. Trip overview Total distance covered: 1,300 miles Temperature: Hot to Very hot Mechanical issues: A few loose bolts
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips