First Time Out

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
L0084MC

First Time Out

Post by L0084MC »

Sense I pulled my buggy Out for the first time in early May after a two year build project I have been enjoying the last 6 weeks or so just driving it around town, and what I call working out the bugs. tightening this and fixing or changing that. I am not as fortunate here in my area to have dunes and beaches or even sand to run my buggy and enjoy it the same way some of you do. I read your post and sometimes I envy you. Saturday morning the wife and I got up early. We started on a 200 mile round trip buggy ride to a friends farm south of us. The weather was upper 60's to Low 80's during the day, Just beautiful. The route for the most part was country back roads, Small town's and beautiful country side. We felt like there was no one on the road but us. Arriving at the farm was a serene feeling of it's own. We drove around his pond's and fields. Up and down hills. We drove through trails in a couple of hundred acres of woods. We would stop and just look and listen. We saw rabbits, squirrels, wild turkey and deer with velvet hanging from it's antlers. Quality time that my wife and I had not been able to enjoy together in many years. We had stopped for breakfast on the way there and dinner on the way back. It was now in the early evening and we were on the trip home. I had a chance to reflect on the course of the day. The buggy had performed with distintion. She had done everything that I had ask her to do and then some. She had the zip and power in town from light to light to make herself proud. she climbed every hill, although none real big. now she was showing off on the road. she would jump to 55 0r 60 at the touch of the throttle with plenty to spare. I had flashbacks of the last 2 years during the build and some of the names I had called her in a time of anger. As I drove down the road with the events of the day on my mind, and a smile on my face. I had to apologize to her. As I pulled in my driveway, I thanked the Manx Club for a trouble free trip. As I look at my wife and saw the smile on her face, I said to myself, Thank you Bruce. The most enjoyable day I have had in many years.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="L0084MC I had flashbacks of the last 2 years during the build and some of the names I had called her in a time of anger.[/QUOTE"] Did your wife forgive you for that ?? I guess so after such a cool day out :D Seriously though,, nice story :driving: its got me thinking, must get my ol buggy rebuilt n back on the road,, been missing out on that fun for over 6 months now :(
L0084MC

Post by L0084MC »

When I say I called her names, I was referring to the buggy, in frustration when things did not go right or I had to fight with a (made in china) part to make it work. I would never call my wife names. I want to enjoy my retirement.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="L0084MC"]When I say I called her names, I was referring to the buggy, in frustration when things did not go right or I had to fight with a (made in china) part to make it work. I would never call my wife names. I want to enjoy my retirement.[/QUOTE] Hey, I was just kidding you,,, I know what you mean about ''made in China'' parts it does piss me off when things say Empi on the box & ''made in Taiwan'' on the part,,,, I used to think Empi stuff was made in USA :help: just shows how we get tricked into buying crap products now days.
L0084MC

Post by L0084MC »

If I had my way there would be a boycot on all products from china. they poison our pets without reguard. and would poison us if they could make a dollar. they punch out junk that they know is not going to work or fit, and continue to get away with it.
subimanx

Post by subimanx »

Great to see it all went well....just one question...how did you get your wife to like your buggy ????? My wife hates mine..
L0084MC

Post by L0084MC »

I'm not sure? When I first brought it home she hated it. She wanted it put in the back yard so no-one could see it. After the body work was done, she thought it was "kind of cute". when the paint job was done she thought it was pretty. And when it started to come together a little bit, she started to like it. We started taking rides in the evening around town. Out to dinner, To the park, and just to enjoy the air. People started noticing it and asking her questions and I think she liked that. People would pull up at a light and tell her, I like your car. One thing I am sure of, I never broke a traffic law, a speed law or drove reckless while she was in the buggy, And she liked that. I only done some of those things when I was alone. Now she has hinted that she would drive it a little if it was automatic shift. SOoooooo. There might be another one in the future.
tgodber

Post by tgodber »

There is the old saying "Happy wife, Happy Life!!" My wife enjoys the trips into the woods. We have had a couple of trips and we both agree that we need another buggy to bring friends or family along. L0084MC, glad to hear you and your wife are having a great time! I can relate to your fun.
L0084MC

Post by L0084MC »

Great pics. Great view. My adventure was nothing like that, But I hope to some day. I am retired, But wife is still working for a couple more years. when she retires we hope to do some of that.
markmark

Post by markmark »

Great pics. Nice scenery.:cool: