Mazatlan Taxis

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Gigantalope

Mazatlan Taxis

Post by Gigantalope »

I quite like the Taxi's Checker made, and I would love to own a London Taxi with the clakity diesel and enormous interior, however the Taxi's in Mazatlan Mexico are something quirky and wierd. Pulmonias they are called look like a cross between a thing, and Liberaci's Golfcart...they really are great tho. Anybody out there have one of these bad boys in your stable? They would be perfect with a 400 hp Subaru motor
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Gigantalope"]I quite like the Taxi's Checker made, and I would love to own a London Taxi with the clakity diesel and enormous interior, however the Taxi's in Mazatlan Mexico are something quirky and wierd. Pulmonias they are called look like a cross between a thing, and Liberaci's Golfcart...they really are great tho. Anybody out there have one of these bad boys in your stable? They would be perfect with a 400 hp Subaru motor[/QUOTE] Are you thinking about starting a Taxi business in Baja?? :D The Pulmonias is new to me, but if you want a London taxi let me know,, the older ones had Landrover engines fitted,, not sure about now as I avoid London like the plague now days :(
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Are you thinking about starting a Taxi business in Baja?? :D The Pulmonias is new to me, but if you want a London taxi let me know,, the older ones had Landrover engines fitted,, not sure about now as I avoid London like the plague now days :([/QUOTE] I think most black cabs have Mitsubish diesels and Mazda auto boxes these days... May be wrong though...usually am!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]I think most black cabs have Mitsubish diesels and Mazda auto boxes these days... May be wrong though...usually am!!![/QUOTE] Yup, you could be right Dave,, I saw one doing 50 MPH the other week,, NO WAY could that have been Land Rover powered :eek: :D
Gigantalope

Post by Gigantalope »

http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/970390.html Here is one which is sort of golf-cart looking, but they can get pretty sporty as well. They are of course VW Powered, and are pretty damn swank. No, not starting a taxi service, just an admirerer. I thought the London Taxi's had Austin Diesels (Would that be a Leyland or a Perkins?) Oh well that must all be a million years back.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Gigantalope"]http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/970390.html I thought the London Taxi's had Austin Diesels (Would that be a Leyland or a Perkins?) [/QUOTE] Sounds crazy,, but Im not sure,, I live just 17 miles from the Perkins engine factory,, and I used to drive Mini Cabs in London back in the 70's :o . Can we just talk about Aston Martins & D / E type Jags,,, this Austin thing is embarrassing me :D Back to your Mexican taxi,, Im sure Empi did something very similar back in the 70's,,, sure I remember seeing one in Volksworld mag a few years back,,, Dave, you must know the one, think it was done by Simon at Paintbox,, it was orange.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Sounds crazy,, but Im not sure,, I live just 17 miles from the Perkins engine factory,, and I used to drive Mini Cabs in London back in the 70's :o . Can we just talk about Aston Martins & D / E type Jags,,, this Austin thing is embarrassing me :D Back to your Mexican taxi,, Im sure Empi did something very similar back in the 70's,,, sure I remember seeing one in Volksworld mag a few years back,,, Dave, you must know the one, think it was done by Simon at Paintbox,, it was orange.[/QUOTE] That was an EMPI Sporster wasn't it? A LWB one they built from from plans... Hey Mel, I think I found a photo of another Veep just like yours. Is that you driving ??? :D Image
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)