Long Canyon

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
CairoManx

Long Canyon

Post by CairoManx »

Today I took my son and a couple of his buddies up into the Eldorado National Forest to a place called Long Canyon. We towed the buggy up to Foresthill then jumped in it and headed down to where the American and Rubicon River meet. We got on Forest Rd 14N25G. Its pretty narrow in spots and took us about 4 miles down steep switchbacks into Long Canyon. We were in the woods most of the way with just one area of rough shale and a couple of creeks to ford. At some time in the past the river had washed out the road at the bottom so we parked and walked the last 100 yards or so. The sun and water were perfect. I'm really not sure what my buggy cost, but everything considered, it was cheap. Image Image Image
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Considering it was nearly 100 degrees in the area I'm a bit jealous. Looks refreshing... and fun.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Tom, From Roseville we could be in the water swimming in a bit over an hour. When's your buggy gonna be finished? Nelson
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Sure looks like a lotta fun :cool:
CairoManx

Day Trips with a Splash

Post by CairoManx »

There's a book I bought about five years ago that I've gradually been going through one page at a time. It lists, describes and rates all the great swimming holes in California that you can hike to. The buggy has been handy in reaching several of them. http://www.running-water.com/holes/holespage.htm
dennis-and-cathy

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

When you ready to finish the trail we started last year with Ken? Nice looking swimming hole bet the water was about just right? :hello:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Nelson, a story that has allways stuck in my memory was from my ol Baja buddy & Manx club member Gary Neese, from Torrance CA. We kept in touch by letter (mail) for a few years after my 97 & 98 Baja trips. Gary once wrote and said that he drove his mother up in the mountains to a spot that looks just like the ones you visit, explaining how hot it was at the time,, he set up a couple of seats by the waters edge for him and his mother. As they both sat down sipping down a cold beer, a naked lady came out of the river and said ''Hi'' to my buddy Gary and his mother :eek:. Tell me, does this kinda thing happen a lot in California?? and if so, what do you say to a naked girl that just walks out from a river stark naked when your with your mother?? :help: One day Im gonna find that damn river, coz that kinda thing never happens here in UK :cool: :D
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

It always good manners to offer a lady a beer. Check out the last rating icon in the swimming hole book I mentioned. http://www.running-water.com/guide/icons.htm
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

[QUOTE="dennisandcathy"]When you ready to finish the trail we started last year with Ken? Nice looking swimming hole bet the water was about just right? :hello:[/QUOTE] D&C I heard you guys were just about to set off for the North. I'd love to see where that trail we found leads. I'll bet there's a good swimming hole near there. Lets find out.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Fate is a cruel thing. See, if it was truely meant to be, when she walked up naked, he would have been there by himself , not with his mother! :crazy:
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

[QUOTE="CairoManx"]Tom, From Roseville we could be in the water swimming in a bit over an hour. When's your buggy gonna be finished? Nelson[/QUOTE] I'd like to know the answer to that as well. It's coming along though. :D Image