Jeep tyre Question

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
mel hubbard

Jeep tyre Question

Post by mel hubbard »

Guys, Im trying to find out the road wheel diameter on WW2 Willys MB & Ford GPW Jeeps, did they all use the same size?,,,, Im guessing at 16'' but need to be sure,, original tyre size's would be great info. THANKS.
CM-Rick

Post by CM-Rick »

I always thought they were 16" , with non- directional tread. I can check on one of the Jeep websites I'm on, if you'd like.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="CM Rick"]I always thought they were 16" , with non- directional tread. I can check on one of the Jeep websites I'm on, if you'd like. [/QUOTE] CM Rick, that would be very much appreciated. The standard Willys tyre profile size would be good too.
CM-Rick

Post by CM-Rick »

Just posted the question on one of the Jeep websites..... we'll get an answer soon .. :eat: You might want to check out http://www.earlycj5.com. They have a section for early flatfenders as well as a restoration section.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="CM Rick"]Just posted the question on one of the Jeep websites..... we'll get an answer soon .. :eat: You might want to check out http://www.earlycj5.com. They have a section for early flatfenders as well as a restoration section.[/QUOTE] Thanks CM Rick, interesting site too :cool: saw your post on their flatfender forum, you got 2 replys = 600 X 16 / 4.5'' rim width, nice work. I even found a John Hubbard on there,, my middle & sir names :drinking:
CM-Rick

Post by CM-Rick »

Just saw the replys... Jeeps are my other loves.Gotta 77 Golden Eagle I'm working on now. Post some jeep pics sometime. :driving:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="CM Rick"]Just saw the replys... Jeeps are my other loves.Gotta 77 Golden Eagle I'm working on now. Post some jeep pics sometime. :driving:[/QUOTE] Yup, my other loves too, had a 1942 GPW & two CJ 7s years back,, the wheels are for a new project (thanks to Nelson) that Im hoping to start soon. Look forward to seeing your pics. Im all signed up now on that Jeep site,,, some real cool stuff on there :cool: I notice a lot of guys are using fiberglass body tubs on resto Jeep projects now,,, this is all new stuff to me,, wish they were about when I had my old CJ ,,,boy did that thing have some rust.