Does size really matter?

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
garthom

Does size really matter?

Post by garthom »

I found a 6'1" X 11'10" trailer frame today. There is 63" between 12" tires. It was a tent camper & has a lot of rails across the frame. It has torsion bar suspension & 2000 lb capacity. I was going to make floor with 1/2 treated plywood. Since my buggy is still in many peices I thought maybe you guys could offer some advice on whether my buggy will fit on it when done. My goal is for the buggy to weigh 1300 lbs. Thanks, Gary
mightymanx

Post by mightymanx »

I just bought a 6x12 trailer and put my manx on it and had some room to spare.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Plenty big enough, with room to spare,,,,, Buggy Pete (on here) could get two on that trailer :eek: don't ask how,,,, he just could :D
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Plenty big enough, with room to spare,,,,, Buggy Pete (on here) could get two on that trailer :eek: don't ask how,,,, he just could :D[/QUOTE] ...and another one on the Volvo's roof...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
jaymanx

room on a trailer

Post by jaymanx »

Gary, It should fit, my buggy 11' 11" long, 5' 5'' wide it the rear, 5' 1" in the front
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

I have a trailer that is similar size. My front tries fit through the fenders but not the rear's. That isn't a problem since the rear wheels stay back anyway. You might measure your front beam with tires and make sure it will fit between the fenders. A question with a trailer that short may be axle placement and tongue weight. I have my axle a few inches ahead of the buggy rear torsion tube, and it works about right to give me a little tongue weight. If the axle is too far forward you will probably have negative tongue weight due to the balance point on a buggy being so far to the rear. Just something to consider.