Desi Arnaz Manx Question

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
CairoManx

Desi Arnaz Manx Question

Post by CairoManx »

I used to have a copy of a magazine with a great picture of Desi Arnaz(Ricky Ricardo) sitting behind the wheel of a Meyers Manx. I recall the caption said Desi had a ranch in Baja where he hunted and fished and that he used his Manx down there. Anybody recall the issue of the magazine?
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="CairoManx"]I used to have a copy of a magazine with a great picture of Desi Arnaz(Ricky Ricardo) sitting behind the wheel of a Meyers Manx. I recall the caption said Desi had a ranch in Baja where he hunted and fished and that he used his Manx down there. Anybody recall the issue of the magazine?[/QUOTE] That sounds a cool life,,, I love to read those kind of storys. My buddy (Gary Neese) from Torrance CA told me that he met a guy once in Baja who helps people out with car trouble,,, the guy has a wooden leg with tools fixed to it,, A kind of ''Swiss Army Leg'' he helped my buddy fix his Thing a few years back,,, anyone else met this guy?? Cant be many guys in Baja to fit that description :D
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]My buddy (Gary Neese) from Torrance CA told me that he met a guy once in Baja who helps people out with car trouble,,, the guy has a wooden leg with tools fixed to it,, A kind of ''Swiss Army Leg'' he helped my buddy fix his Thing a few years back,,, anyone else met this guy?? Cant be many guys in Baja to fit that description :D[/QUOTE] Sounds like Coco of Coco's Corner fame. http://race.off-road.com/race/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=245091
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="CairoManx"]Sounds like Coco of Coco's Corner fame. http://race.off-road.com/race/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=245091[/QUOTE] THANKS CairoManx. That sounds like the guy,,,,very interesting reading on that site,,, if I ever go back to Baja I will have to pay Coco a visit and sample some icy cold Pacificos,,,, what a great way to wash down the dust :cool:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Yes, Coco down at Coco's corner can be the only one. Iam sure I have a picture I can dig up Gene C
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Isn't there a small segment on him in the movie Dust To Glory?
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

That's where I recognised him from. I've never been there myself. I have seen on a couple other items about him on the internet that says he's possibly had some more medical problems and may have lost his other leg.