Critical alert in UK

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
mel hubbard

Critical alert in UK

Post by mel hubbard »

Utter despair,,,,,,, why should we have such people in the world???? Whats going on,,, will it ever end??? The last time there was a Critical alert in UK was WW2,,,, and yet our government still leave the flood gates open for immigrants :x . What does it take before they realise this government is ruining the country in every way possible AARRRRRHHHHHH. Sorry guys for the rant,,,, I just had to let it out :roll:
fubar

Post by fubar »

My parents flew back from San Diego today. They had to give up their shampoo for national security....Terror works when we all suffer.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

i saw that they banned ALL carry ons out of britain today. you'd think they would have done that 5 years ago! what do you need so badly that you can't do without it for a few hours?
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I think they need to do away with laptops, cell phones, I pods and all other carry on electronic contraptions on planes. Use the plane ride to relax , Get your work done on the ground and don't jeopardize the lives of the other passengers.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

The whole carry on luggage issue is bogus. Unless they do body cavity searches, they can't prevent a terrorist from bringing enough explosives on board to take down a plane. Political correctness needs to retired along with "random" searches. Do 100% searches on everybody that fits the profile.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

AMEN to that. We need to quit being so sensitive about people?s delicate feelings and protect everybody so they can have feelings. It makes me crazy when people cry about having to wait a little at an Airport. Last time I flew, the plane had a damaged bay door and the airline grounded the flight. We had to wait and two idiots started yelling at the Airline workers because of the 30minute delay for a new plane. Me being a wise guy suggested they allow the two idiots to take the damaged plane and the rest of us would wait for one that was air worthy. Unfortunately, they did not take my suggestion, which was too bad since this was a great opportunity to thin the herd. :2cents:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Latest press release.... New Security Alerts The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent bombings, the level has just been raised from 'miffed' to "peeved'! Soon though, the levels may be raised yet again to "irritated' or even "a bit cross". Londoners have not been a "bit cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorised from "tiresome" to "a bloody nuisance", The last time a "bloody nuisance" warning level was issued was during the great fire in 1666. Be aware that the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from RUN to HIDE. The only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate". The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing their military capability. It's not only the French that are on a heightened level of alert, the Italians have increased their alert level from ! "shout loudly and excitedly" to "elaborate military posturing". Two more levels remain, "ineffective combat operations" and "change sides". The Germans also increased their alert state from "disdainful arrogance" to "dress in uniform and sing marching songs". They have two higher levels, "invade a neighbour" and "lose". Seeing this reaction in continental Europe the Americans have gone from "isolationism" to "find another oil-rich nation in the middle east ripe for regime change". Their remaining higher alert states are "attack the world" and "beg the British for help". Finally over there in Britain they've gone from "pretend nothing's happening", to "make another cup of tea". Their higher levels are "remain resolutely cheerful" and "win".
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

LOL Dave :D SO TRUE!. Where you been???? or what buggy forum you been on??? I thought prehaps you may be training up for Blairs job :eek:,,, we need a grumpy ol man in office who can remember what it was like back in the cool 60s :cool: when fuel prices were the same (back then) as they are now in USA :crazy:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Been playing with my new toy mate!!! Reminds me a bit of my old Spitfire only a cabillion times better!!! I must admit I'm smitten. It's my wife's really but she's not had much of a look in yet... Image I really feel like giving it the old Elan type Gold Leaf Team Lotus red white and gold paintjob but I'd probably get lynched by the purists (and my wife). Don't worry, I got a flat fixed on the Buggy and took her out for a good blast tonight. I haven't lost the faith!!! Going to a local Rod & Custom show in Wales on Sunday, it was quite good last year.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

BLOODY HELL!! OL CHAP :eek: isn't that what they call a hairdressers car? :D Dave put those Roxy Music CDs back in it & give it back to the trouble n strife :driving:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]BLOODY HELL!! OL CHAP :eek: isn't that what they call a hairdressers car? :D Dave put those Roxy Music CDs back in it & give it back to the trouble n strife :driving:[/QUOTE] .....none taken!!! :D
buggypete

Post by buggypete »

for all others out there ,this is what is called good old british humor.monty rattlesnake and all that!
shaky

Post by shaky »

David I haven't heard a rant like that since the gun club last Thursday. Oh, but Blair and "lardy guts" took our guns away, and now only criminals have access to them :clap: in any pub. See you next tuesday mr. Blair!
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="shaky"]David I haven't heard a rant like that since the gun club last Thursday. Oh, but Blair and "lardy guts" took our guns away, and now only criminals have access to them :clap: in any pub. See you next tuesday mr. Blair![/QUOTE] Sorry Paul but you've lost me....What rant?
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

HEY DAVE!!! have you been ranting with those VZI ''Keyboard Ninja's'' again :D Maybe Shaky's been looking at too many sites :help: It may be a little slow on here guys,, but I prefer the company :drinking: