BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
vincent9993

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by vincent9993 »

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes! We're at T minus 6h... We're all packed and ready to leave tomorrow AM. We're aiming for a 5:30am departure.

For those that wish to follow our progress in real time, there our satellite tracking link:

SPOT Tracker

Tomorrow's 1st destination: AUSTINBURG, OH (525 miles)

Happy 4th of July and good night!
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
vincent9993

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by vincent9993 »

We're coming!!!!

This morning we got a really nice surprise at our hotel...our friend Jon Boyton. He was already there when Vincent went downstairs around 5:00am. We went together to the Waffle house to take a quick breakfast. After that, Jon drove with us for about 50 miles. It was really nice of him to come so early to meet us...we can't wait to see you again in MOTB.

It was really humid this morning so we left without the top. About two hours later, we got few drops of rain and the radar was showing more rain so we decided to stop and put the top on. Thank god that it was not too hot at that time because it didn't rain anymore. We stopped again around 10:30am to remove the top. The sun started to be shy but at least it didn't rain. After lunch, the sun came out and stayed with us until the end. Near Chicago we got a lot of construction but really only one mile of bumper to bumper. I realized at one time that we were in the city that won the Stanley cup and I didn't have a choice but to take a picture of the signboard that we saw few minutes later (see picture below).

Oh yes, when you're in Illinois, the speed limit is only a suggestion... Limit was 55MPH and we were doing 70 and everyone was passing us! And they say people drive fast in Quebec...

We arrived at our hotel around 3:30pm (CDT) so one hour earlier than in Quebec. When we arrived, it was around 91 F (33 C). We forgot to tell you yesterday that we visited two provinces (Quebec and Ontario) and three States (New York, Pennsylvania and Ohio) oh yes...it was the first time for my dune buggy in Ohio.

While I was transfering the pictures, and started our daily blog, Vincent was detailing the dune buggy in the parking lot. Naturally, many people went to talk to him. He even had a dedicated marketing/PR person that was approaching other hotel guests to explain to them we were on a long trip to California to meet the inventor! Too funny.

July 7th: We would like to wish a wonderful birthday to Vincent...wow 18 years old, we hope that you will celebrate this. Happy Birthday.

We would also like to wish happy birthday to Francine. We hope that Guy and you had a nice trip and also that you will celebrate a little bit...not too much because don't forget you have 10 years more than I (ha ha ha).

Mileage: 559 miles (900 KM)
Number of States visited: 4 (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin)
Beer consumed tonight: Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale. Seasonal Collection

Tomorrow destination: Oacoma, South Dakota.

Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Ed-Chenal

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Great story and pictures.
Ed
manxvair

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by manxvair »

Just a friendly reminder, Lori Ann will be collecting any membership dues due at the event check in, if you need to renew please be ready, if you've sent it in recently please try to have some sort of record of the transaction.
  This is the largest event to date, Lori Ann will have check in set up as soon as we can get into camp Tanda on Friday until around 5-6 pm (we like to relax and get some dinner too!) so please don't wait until the last minute to check in, there will also be a small amount of time Saturday morning before the drivers meeting.

Thank You
Last edited by manxvair on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
manxvair

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by manxvair »

Event check in before 12:00 noon friday, and after 5:00 pm friday will located at 550 Edgemoore Rd (bet Hwy 18 & Holloway's RV park, west side of the street) Please check in ASAP, the girls will be very busy this weekend.
Thank You
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
vincent9993

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by vincent9993 »

Today was filled with emotions. It all started with the show and shine that allowed us to talk with the people and vote for the nicest buggies (results tomorrow). Everyone is so friendly, they know our story and are proud to come and talk to us…we enjoy this. Around 10:00am we left for the yellow ride. As we said yesterday, we were the leaders. It rained for about 10 minutes at the start then the sun came back. We enjoyed leading the group… There were 27 buggies, close to a record for the street run (not the fire trails!) We stopped at the restaurant “The Oaks” and took a picture of all the buggies in front. I can tell you people on the road enjoyed taking pictures of the buggies. We then went back to Camp Tanda around 2:45pm. We came back to the hotel to sort through the pictures. Meanwhile, Vincent was cleaning the buggy and talking with everyone in the parking lot, worst than a woman sometimes!

For diner we went back to Camp Tanda where a caterer served diner (excellent by the way!). Just before diner we parked the buggy next to Bruce’s Kick-Out and removed the hood to allow him to sign it… Wow, what emotions! You’ll see pictures of the event.

Doran invited us to a party at his house. We must have been 30 or so. I spent the evening next to Bruce and listened to his stories… Very interesting guy. We talked about the Sea-to-Sea project and how many people are participating (drive from the Pacific to the Outer Banks in NC). As for us, we’ll be at MOTB (final destination of Sea-to-Sea) but we can’t do Sea-to-Sea, we have to work to earn holidays! They’ll also be selling tickets for the raffle of Bruce’s Kick-Out he and Winnie will be driving on Sea-to-Sea. The draw will be made at Big Bear next year. Guess what, Vincent and I may postpone our Germany trip yet another year to return to California next year. We have to hurry if I want my Kick-Out-S.S. to visit all 49 states as Vincent’s buggy did.

Tomorrow we return to Camp Tanda for the trophy ceremony and leave for Las Vegas.

Good night all.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=JHeKBaCS5SQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sWaiSCRdVgE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=75E40fiY7Rg[/youtube]
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
FulsGld

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by FulsGld »

You two are amazing! Thanks for the GREAT pictures...
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
Tom-Kathleen

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I agree.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
vincent9993

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by vincent9993 »

I hope you`re having fun, for us it’s paradise. This morning we arrived early to Camp Tanda to chat with our friends. Around 10:00am, the award ceremony started. Vincent and I left 2 awards: came the farthest in a dune buggy (6,397km or 3,975 miles) We’re really proud. Next we left for Las-Vegas around 12:10. Thanks to everyone for an awesome week-end, you truly are good friends. Looking forward to meet some of you at MOTB and the others at Big Bear next year. Oh yes, we were 166 buggies this week-end, a record.

I can tell you that the Mrs. Was hot today… I asked Vincent to stop to mount the sun top. A little later I asked him to stop at a gas station to cool off and put on my cooling vest (It’s a sleeveless vest you dunk in water and wear wet, it’s fantastic.) Disaster, the gas station only had a ventilator and the water from the faucet was hot. Vincent bought a large cold water bottle and dunk my vest in it, it was fantastic. As we entered in Nevada, there was a massive road congestion on the opposite direction, the Californians must pass their week-end in Vegas. The congestion was more than 13km (8 miles) long. I hope it’s not the same people as last year (it was just as bad last year).

We arrived at the hotel around 5 :00pm and it was 42C (107F). We rushed since we had to be at the Mandolay Bay for 7:00pm to see the Micheal Jackson One show. What can I say, WOW, WOW, WOW. We can’t compare it to the Beatle Love show as they are too different. If you lik Micheal Jackson music, you’ll enjoy this show.

We had diner at the Venetian… Pasta was great.

Temperature: 48 C (118 F)
States: 2 (California and Nevada)
Distance: 346 KM (215 miles)

Tomorrow we’ll stay in Vegas and relax.

Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
Oz-Towdster

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by Oz-Towdster »

Great photo's France & Vincent , out of of 160 odd participants surely there is some more
Old-Towd

BIG BEAR BASH BABY!

Post by Old-Towd »

To see more Manx Club Big Bear Event photos see this link -

http://manxclub.yuku.com/topic/1032/master/1/ 
Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies