Big Bear 2017

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Sparkster

Big Bear 2017

Post by Sparkster »

This is just a request to the Events Planning Committee, so could it be possible to hold the 2017 Big Bear event on some other weekend than July 7 - 9?

This is the weekend that Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca has the Motul FIM Superbike World Championship GEICO U.S. Round in which my family enjoys annual camping in the Corkscrew View RV Premium Reserved site with our motorcycling friends.

The wife and I have always enjoyed the camaraderie and activities with the Manx Club at Big Bear, the largest Buggy gathering event in the West. But with no Buellton meet and having to miss Big Bear this year (2016), the SR is spending way too much time parked in the garage. :wink:

I, for one, would greatly appreciated it if this request is considered.
Thanks,
Sparkster
BuggyBob

Re: Big Bear 2017

Post by BuggyBob »

Sparkster, did you find out the dates for big bear 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkster

Post by Sparkster »

hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Any event details confirmed yet?
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
principiab

Post by principiab »

Bob Hunter is diligently working on the event. As soon as the paperwork is ready, it will be posted on the Manx Club EVENTS web page. I would imagine there will be information in the next Manx Mania (summer issue). About a month before the event, an email blast will go out to all members who have an email address on file with the Membership Chairperson, Lori Ann Dario.

Make sure you membership is paid up and your email is on file to get earliest possible information. Keep checking back on the web page, too.

Connie Breedlove
Manx Club Secretary
Member #1634
Willstang

Post by Willstang »

I'm a new member working hard to have my buggy ready for the Big Bear Bash and want some more info on what goes on this weekend. I am trying to convince my wife or kids to come with but other than the show and shine Saturday morning then the drives what else is happening? What other events or planned gatherings are there if any?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
principiab

Post by principiab »

Here is a TYPICAL Schedule of Events - basically I am copying and pasting from last year and have removed/added things I know have changed (highlighted in color). This years schedule of events will be in the packet you receive when you check in at the event.

Big Bear 2016 Event Schedule
Thursday, July 7, 2016
Set up EZ ups and trailers
Check in Buggistas registrations
Early birds check in

Friday, 8 July 2016
Member check in - all day
Truck and trailer parking is available at Snow Summit parking lot. Directions are in your package or ask Bob
After you check in, you are on your own to explore Big Bear
9am - Buggistas Show and Shine
9:45 - Buggistas Drivers Meeting
10am - Buggistas depart for the day

5-6:30pm – Taco Dinner on the Patio (for those who registered and paid)
6:30pm - Meet and Greet

Saturday, July 9 2016
7am - Coffee and donuts
8am - Continue member check in
8-9:30am - Show and shine. Please park your buggies where you are asked to park.
9:35am - Main Driver meeting. Have your buggies ready and fueled up. Have your lunches packed and in the buggies. Try to have a working CB radio.
10am - Group Driver meeting. Buggy Up!
10:15-10:3am - Depart in your groups for the day
3-5pm - Return to Big Bear
Dinner on your own this time

Sunday, July 10 2016
7am - Coffee and Donuts
8am - Stage buggies for parade around the lake
8:30-9:30am - Parade the lake with Bruce & Winnie
10-11:30am - Awards ceremonies and raffle prizes
Clean up and depart
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

There are often several little gatherings and side runs that may form before or after the main events. Most of the time all it takes is asking "Can I join in?..." Or you are free to explore the Big Bear area on your own too (lake for skiing, fishing, zoo, mountain biking at the ski resorts etc...). Everyone has a slightly different idea of what is fun, so bring the family and join in!
Willstang

Post by Willstang »

Thank you both very much for the information. I am really looking forward to the event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Willstang

Post by Willstang »

Poop! It looks like we will miss this year's Big Bear Bash as my new motor just isn't running quite right and is getting too hot. I don't want to break the new motor in like that. May cruise up in the morning and check out the show and shine. And we were looking forward to taco night too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk