BugaRama 68 2011

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
jsturtlebuggy

BugaRama 68 2011

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

I went to the BugaRama at Sacramento Raceway today with both buggies the Manxter towing the KickOut and enter them in the car show. 
Bob Hunter had the Manx Club booth set up along the drag strip return road and a lot of people stopping by.  Bob Kornoff and Bob Dickinson and Bob H son inlaw Eric's had there buggies there too.
Nelson the one that wrote the article about the number of Manxes produce was there too.   Bob H had Nelson look at the numbers on tag and it is one of last of the Manx 2 built.  Nelson is a wealth of information on Manxes.  Bob Dickinson has a pretagged Manx and Nelson was pointing out some of the differences about what year there were some small changes the way the windshield was sealed to the body and few other details that pointed to what year it was made. Nelson pointed out the early extruded frames had a aluminum channel on the front at the bottom and a rubber seal in the back which on later ones changed to the molded rubber that is still used today.  Another was the type of bolt supplied to hold body to chassis.
Wayne brought his KickOut SS to the show.  He had a few hiccups on the way there as was to late to enter the show.  The SS did draw alot of attension with many people stopping by asking questions and taking many pictures of it.
The NorCal Baja group made a good showing with their cars.  one Member had his original Porsche 914-6 in the show.
Swap is alway smaller then the one in May, still was able to find a few items I was in need of.
At the end of the day they gave out the trophies for the car show.  My KickOut won 1st place and the Manxter DualSport took 2nd.  ImageImageImageImageImage
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970