OBX Scouting Trip

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
louisb

OBX Scouting Trip

Post by louisb »

Went up to OBX to visit with surfnc this past weekend and scout out the area for the Manx on the Banx event. We had a great time, ate some great food and got lots of sun. Here are a couple of shots I took of us cruising on the beach and driving around.

Vince (surfnc) and my best friend Bob getting the buggy ready for some cruising:

Cruising down the beach, we were following Vince at first in our rental car until we got to the offroad area.

The weather was perfect. Sunny, low 80s and low humidity. Lots of people on the beach in 4x4s. We just cruised by them in the buggy. We even saw one of the wild horses but I didn't get a picture in time.

Bob chillin in the Manx while we cleaned up after the beach run.

It was a whirlwind tour but we managed to get everything planned for the Manx on the Banx event. It also got me reved up to get back to work on the Manx to see if I could get it done in time. Mucho thanks for Vince for putting us up at his place and then playing tour guide. I think with what we have planned for the event, everyone will have a great time.

Thanks,

--louis