Sacramento Bugorama - May 29th

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
MyBlueBuggy

Post by MyBlueBuggy »

Just throwing this out there.  I haven't heard if the Manx Club will be there in a semi-official manner or just represented by a few club members.  Heck, I'm not even sure if I can make it myself but if there are some who are interested then this is where we can start the process of figuring out how to make it happen.
Last edited by MyBlueBuggy on Sat May 28, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

Tom,
Weather permitting I would like to drive the buggy out there. I think Bob H. is thinking about it also. I'm going to see him later today I'll see if he firmed up his plans.

Bob
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I will know by next week. If I do come over, I will park my toyhauler out behind the used car lot on the right when you come in. IF Gene sends me the banner back, I will have it up. Having a place big enough for people to park their buggies and walk around is my plan.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Still planning on coming over Sunday and camping at Bugarama. Hopefully see you guys Monday
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Bob,
Bug A Rama is on Sunday. 
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

oh,ok. see you sunday!
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Hey everybody,

I will be setting up the Manx Club tent at Bugorama this Sunday(thanks Joseph) over in the camping area. You can park your buggies there and check everything out if you want.
MikeandKristinLemmon

Post by MikeandKristinLemmon »

I'll be there. What time does it start?
MyBlueBuggy

Post by MyBlueBuggy »

The link doesn't work for me. Here's a rundown of times and events copied from it.

Schedule for Saturday

2:00 p.m. Gates Open

4:00-8:00 p.m. Test & Tune Racing

10:00 p.m. Gates Close

Schedule for Sunday

7:00 a.m. Gates Open for Admission

7:00-9:00 a.m. Swap Meet and Vendor Set-Up

7:00-10:30 a.m. Car Show Registration

9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Drag Racing Begins

12:00-12:30 p.m. Lunch Break

12:30 p.m. Drag Racing Eliminations Begin

11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Car Show Judging

2:30 p.m. Car Show Awards Presentation

4:30 p.m. Drag Racing Awards Presentation
MyBlueBuggy

Post by MyBlueBuggy »

I did end up making this year's Bugorama.  Got there about 7:30 and drove past the Bob's (Hunter, Kornoff) buggies in the show area.  Headed over to the parking area and got there just in time to help Bob Hunter hang a few pictures under the easy up.

We were in the parking area this year as opposed to the end of the swap meet area we've been in the past.  I don't think we got as much traffic as we have before but this allowed us to have more room for the buggies.  I think this may have confused a few people but eventually we had a few buggies parked out front.

Here are some pictures...

As for the Swap meet it was pretty much the same old stuff and I think Bob hunter managed to score just about every buggy Hot Wheel there.  Except for these two...

Had a great time but left shortly after lunch.  I don't know how the Bobs did in the show.  There was a nice representation of buggies there.
Carltons

Post by Carltons »

Try posting those pictures again.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Yes Tom, when I drove past where Bob&Bob were parked there was not anything up saying Manx Club at 7:00AM so I drove right passed it and on to the upper end of swapmeet area.
Found a few things I could afford. Colin from Fibercraft was there selling his own stuff.
Ran into Bob K & Dave B they told me where manx tent was.
Saw many buggy people in the crowd.
Weather was great. It was fun.
Swapmeet was as big as ever. Many buggy projects for sale.
Todd Francis came down from Washington state and had several of his new TF-1 type1 aluminum engine case for people to see.
Engine case is awsome! Shawn Geers has 2 engine he using for drag racing using them.  Can use large stroker without camshaft interference since centerline of cam is dropped .100"  
101.4mm (4in) piston can be used.  Also sell one that uses 94mm cylinders.  So building that 2387cc engine becomes a lot less work. 
Stock engine tin works with it, Even has mounting holes for sled tins.  www.precisionalloy.com
If you are into the early days of VW drag racing Vee Dub Parts Unlimited as DVD called VW Gassers. Great colored home movie footage of  EMPI, DeanoDynoSaurs and others, with interview of many early drag racers.  Well worth the money, $29.99  I bought a copy from their booth.  It is from Europe (may not play on all DVD players),  It plays fine on my computer.
Last edited by jsturtlebuggy on Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
MyBlueBuggy

Post by MyBlueBuggy »

Carltons wrote:Try posting those pictures again.
The pics show up on my screen just fine.  Any one else having trouble seeing them?
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

I can see them fine Tom.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095