24 Hours of Lemons car show, Sonoma Raceway March 24th

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
manxvair

24 Hours of Lemons car show, Sonoma Raceway March 24th

Post by manxvair »

From Eric,
I'm working with the 24 Hours of Lemons on a project called "HooptieCon," which is a collection of sort of offbeat and oddball car groups meeting at the Lemons race at Sonoma Raceway in California on March 24. Specifically, I'm looking for groups of interesting vehicles and people who would love to have a designated show area in the racetrack paddock.
The event, HooptieCon, so far includes show space for Radwood (cars of the 1980s and 1990s), Concours d'Lemons (oddball and curiosities), Billetproof (no-shine hot rods), Arcane Auto Society (really oddball and rare), and Gambler 500 (low-buck off-road rallying). We'd love to include the Manx Club in that because, frankly, we'd love for the air-cooled world to have representation and the Manx is the perfect form for it.
Lemons has already taken care of security, gate checks, and the facility rental fees. You'd really only need to bring people and their buggies; we would then have an area roped off for you in the paddock. You can handle registration for the event however you want; we really would just need the names in advance.
Let me know if that's something the Manx Club would be interested in and we can work out the particulars.
Thank you,
Eric Rood
Contributor, 24 Hours of Lemons
ericjrood@gmail.com
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
manxvair

Re: 24 Hours of Lemons car show, Sonoma Raceway March 24th

Post by manxvair »

If any members are interested in this event please let me know, the host is trying to determine space requirements.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)