Tahoe train Tunnels

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
Gene-C

Tahoe train Tunnels

Post by Gene-C »

I must thank Buggy Bob for putting on another fun run
I missed the train tunnels at the Tahoe run and was not going to miss them this time.
The run was bitter sweet for me
I could not wait to go, I had my transmission go out on me the Saturday before
so I spent the next 5 days pulling, fixing and reisntalling the trans just in time to make it
As we get up to Tahoe, I get a call from my wife that our house had got burglarized
 sometime after I left and before she got home.
Yuck
But thanks to Bob and the rest of the buggy gang , the trip really helped keep my mind off of what I had no control over
so  the tunnels were exceptional
But was so fun was driving the rubicon, nothing better than a good hill climb
so we climbed the "Luge". Add a little mountain rain shower with sporatic hail to keep the dust down
combined with nice obstacle at the top and you really have
the amkingd for a good attitude adjustment
which was just was the doctor ordered
Thanks Bob and the rest of the gang
I really had fun
BuggyBob

Tahoe train Tunnels

Post by BuggyBob »

I had a great time taking 11 buggies thru the tunnels and then a little off roading in the state park area. After the tunnels, 4 buggies peeled off for different reasons and 7 of us headed for Tahoe. 2 buggies turned around due to mech problems so that left us with 5.
Plans changed so we headed for the Rubicon. All the remaining buggies were equiped to handle the rough trails so I headed toward the "Luge".
Now, Ive done the Luge downhill and remember that it was challenging going down. But I had to test the Manxter, so up the Luge we went. The rain made the trail slippery and one spot slowed us down but we all made it. After that, we took the Barker Meadows road/trail into the Rubicon/ McKinney road which is really not that hard. But it made for a great day of seriuos offroading. Needless to say, My buggy and I were sore the next day. Sorry no pictures were taken but you just had to be there.
Thanks to everybody for a great day.
Next weekend- Mammoth!
Gene, I hope everything works out for you and your family and hopefully see you in Mammoth.