Sacramento Bugarama

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
BuggyBob

Sacramento Bugarama

Post by BuggyBob »

We had a great time this weekend at Sacramento Bugarama. Met up with MM Tami and Vince from Roseville at their house saturday. Decided to go over to the raceway  early and tailgate with some friends. We met up with Tony and Jim from Tunas Buggy Works who put on a great  tri-tip dinner for all.
We decided to camp there for the night so had to drive back to the house and get the truck. Set up the Manx Club Tent that night at the end of swapmeet alley. Lucky we did because we would have not got that spot Sunday Morning. I wasnt prepared to camp out so had to stop by Target to get a few basic camping supplies. I ended up in the back seat of my truck but stayed warm.
Sunday morning came and I walked around before everybody was getting up. One guy had a great night over in the pit area. He was curled up on a ball sleeping out in the middle of the field. Eventually, somebody threw a sleeping bag on him. So funny.
I set up the Manx Club tent complete with a coffee pot for all to enjoy.
The club was well recieved by all who stopped by. Alot of past members who had great stories to tell and non member buggy builders looking for information on anything buggy related.
Even though we only signed one member up, the exposure was worth the price of admission. As Carlton put it.
"Glad to see the Manx Club represented here"
One guy even ask me why we would drive all the way from SoCal to set up. Well, thats another story.
I had a beautiful weekend and a great time. It will be on the calender from now on.
Heres one picture of the Manx Club HQ

Thanks all for a great weekend!