One more story from Lone Pine

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Hi Bob,

After much of the gang left on Sunday, a bunch of the Outlaws went on a Mine exploring run. We were East of Independence checking out the country side. Dick & Wendy were leading. Bill, Mike & Katie, Me & Dottie and Kurt & Shelly.

Kurt was running sweep. About an hour into the run, Kurt calls on the C.B. and says he is having clutch problems. We all stop while he makes an adjustment. Little did we know that his cable was getting ready to break.

He was running a heavy duty clutch and it broke right at the pedal. No problem, we tell him to put his manx in first and start it in gear. We are pushing him for a little boost. He takes off just fine. We make it all the way to Hwy. 395.

He makes over the North bound lanes but there is too much traffic coming South. We tell him not to stop, just do donuts in the center of the dirt area of the Freeway. This works out great and lets him merge with the South bound traffic. Dick is out front, with Kurt following. We only have to worry about the One Red Light in Lone Pine. One the way back, Mikes' daughter, Katie, takes a picture of this Big Semi Truck behind me. He was my Sweep Vehicle. Rest of the trip back was a piece of cake. San Diego Ski
MC#1912

Thanks Ski for the story

Bob
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Good story and picture.
Ed