Manxter 116 - Turbo Subaru & 5 Speed Subarugears box !!

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Well I got back from a l;ittl while away and the boys have been hard at it building Manxter 116. Manxter 116 will be the Manx Australia Turbo Street Car R&D Buggy and should give birth to more than a few bolt on options to make putting an EJ20G ( 2L Quad Cam Turbo) and a 5 Speed Subaru Transmission ( subarugears.com) into a street Manxter with stock beetle floor pan and at this tage Porsche stubs, hubs and disc brakes.

To date we are still at mock up and Dave is working hard to make it as easy an install as possible.

More to follow...
A-Manx-for-Jordan

Post by A-Manx-for-Jordan »

How is this progressing? I am really curious about fitting the subaru 5 speed under the Manxter! Did you have custom output flanges made for all 930 CVs, or did you go for custom driveshafts with Subaru CV on trans end and Porsche CV on the other? What kind of modifications to the linkage and trans/engine mounts were required?
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

That will be one fast buggy.
It will probably need wings and a tail rudder as well. 
Ed
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

A Manx for Jordan wrote:How is this progressing? I am really curious about fitting the subaru 5 speed under the Manxter! Did you have custom output flanges made for all 930 CVs, or did you go for custom driveshafts with Subaru CV on trans end and Porsche CV on the other? What kind of modifications to the linkage and trans/engine mounts were required?
Damn I forgor about this thread, since I started it I have moved countries and don't see the build anymore.

In answer to your question it was all off the shelf stuff from subarugears.com. and really is a good setup.

I should have my new manxter 2+2 running a SubaruGears Transmission at Big Bear this year if you make it along you are more than welcome to check it out.